Are you tired of living in defeat?

Tuesday 3rd September 2024

‘”You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you.’ John 15:3 NKJV

God’s Word is like a prescription from your doctor. You don’t have to understand how the medication works—you just have to faithfully keep taking it. Something amazing happens when you feed regularly on God’s Word. Temptation begins to lose power, and overcoming strength begins to replace it. Each time a Scripture opens up and becomes real to you, your desire for God’s Word increases. But that means reading your Bible even when you don’t feel like it, or think you don’t have time to do it, oar you don’t seem to be getting much out of it.

The Bible says: ‘“For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, And do not return there without watering the earth And making it produce and sprout, And providing seed to the sower and bread to the eater; So will My Word be which goes out of My mouth; It will not return to Me empty, Without accomplishing what I desire, And without succeeding in the purpose for which I sent it.”’ (Isaiah 55:10-11 NASB20). Trust that God’s Word is working in you.

Indeed, Bible reading will keep you from sin, and sin will keep you from Bible reading. After his affair with Bathsheba, David wrote, ‘I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.’ (Psalm 119:11 NIV). Jesus said, ‘“You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you.”’ (John 15:3 NIV) Are you tired of living in defeat? Then bathe your mind each day in God’s Word. Let it flow over you until every trace of sin is washed away.

SoulFood: Josh 5:1 – 8:29 Luke 19:11-27 Ps 103:1-12 Pro 22:27-29