𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐚 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐥!

Meeting the Fates,

A deal to save Olympus,

I love my mom.

***

"You met the Fates!?" exclaimed many campers, their voices echoing through the chamber.

"Yup," Rhea smirked, looking at everyone who was already freaking out.

Just wait till they see all the shenanigans I've been up to over the years. Rhea thought, mirth clear in her eyes.

Chiron made her return the pen after a few months for a reason that she would not talk about.

The night before the final, Rhea stopped outside of Chiron's office. To do a little spying, she knew exactly what they originally were supposed to talk about, but now that Rhea made a difference she wondered what Grover was going to say.

RJO Grover turned to give Rhea a look to which she just shrugged, trying not to laugh at the face he made before turning back around.

"-worried about Rhea, sir."

She got a bit closer.

"I know she remembers! There's no way she doesn't, I even hinted at it multiple times, but she just gave me this smile and changed the subject, I'm telling you she knows what's going on!!"

"I'm sure it's the mist, Grover," Chiron responds. "I guess she got used to things happening around her and thinks it was a really vivid dream."

Grover changed the subject. "And what about the kindly one that tracked her down, we have to–"

"We would only make matters worse by rushing her, we need the girl to mature more."

Rhea narrowed her eyes.

Poseidonas scoffed. "Fool."

"But she may not have time. The summer solstice deadline–"

"Will have to be resolved without her, Grover. Let her enjoy her ignorance while she still can."

"Sir, I ... I can't fail in my duties again." Grover's voice was choked with emotion. "You know what that would mean."

"You haven't failed, Grover," Mr. Brunner said kindly.

Rhea heard enough.

Mature more... She scoffed. I wonder how many demigods died because of that stupid decision.

All the campers looked at each other, the mood turned sombre by that thought, but was it wrong though? Hundreds and thousands of demigods were dead way before they reached the camp. The Gods didn't care enough to guide them safely to the camp.

RJO Annabeth remembered her days on the street with Thalia and Luke, before they had arrived at camp. RJO Hermes had spoken in her mind, guiding them to the camp since he couldn't speak with his son since a God couldn't be involved in any way with their children. For the longest time, she'd thought it was her mother guiding them. But now though, that thought felt ridiculous. Athena caring for her child when she/he didn't do anything to increase her ego? Ha!

RJO Chiron sighed, defeated. At that time, it felt like the right decision, especially since RJO Poseidon and RJO Zeus were on the brink of war. But now, seeing it from the demigod's perspective, it just showed how much of a bad decision it was.

***

At the end of term, both Grover and Rhea end up on the same bus to Manhattan.

***