𝔗𝔴𝔬

One Year Later

Ravana sat in the labyrinth of roses in the backyard of Malfoy Manor, her cold grey eyes scanning the pages of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Her slender fingers, adorned with silver rings similar to her brother's, delicately turned the pages as she sipped tea from a fine porcelain cup. The roses around her were a deep, blood-red, their scent filling the air, but she seemed unaffected by their beauty, her mind focused solely on her book. Her blue silk robe fluttered gently in the breeze, a stark contrast to the dark green of the hedge maze. This was her chosen form of rebellion—ignoring her father by immersing herself in reading and spending time with the proud peacocks that roamed the manor grounds.

The tranquility was broken by the sound of a twig snapping. Ravana lifted her head, her blonde hair cascading like a golden waterfall over her shoulder as she spotted Draco standing before her, a mischievous grin on his face. 

"Hello, Draco," Ravana said coolly, her voice soft but with a hint of steel, as she returned to her reading. Draco sat down on the marble bench opposite her, plucking a white rose from the bush behind him, his long fingers playing with the petals.

"I wanted to know if you'd like to come with me to the Zabini Manor," Draco offered, his silver-grey eyes gleaming with mischief as he twirled the rose between his fingers.

"And why would I do that?" Ravana asked, arching a perfectly sculpted eyebrow, her expression one of mild curiosity as she leaned back slightly, the light glinting off the silver cuff bracelet on her wrist.

"Because you're coming to Hogwarts. It would be nice for you to meet some friends," Draco replied, leaning forward and placing the rose on her book, a small smile playing on his lips as he tilted his head to catch her gaze.

"As far as you and Father are concerned, I'm attending, but I am not," Ravana smiled slightly, her gaze meeting Draco's with an air of defiance, the rose crushed beneath the weight of her words.

"You're not changing his mind," Draco laughed, settling down beside her on the garden floor, his presence calm but persistent, his fingers idly tracing patterns in the dirt.

"This silence will drive him mad," Ravana remarked, tucking a loose strand of her pale blonde hair behind her ear, her expression serene as she watched the sun dip lower in the sky, casting long shadows across the garden.

"Just come. Blaise would love to see you," Draco smirked, nudging her gently in the side, his voice light, but his eyes watching her carefully.

Ravana had been betrothed to Blaise since she was thirteen. Although they were friends, she had always viewed the arrangement with a sense of detachment. Letting out a long, resigned sigh, she closed her book, the white rose crumpling under the pressure.

"Fine," she said, rolling her eyes as she stood, her slender frame casting a long shadow over the roses. "Let's go."

The two walked side by side back into the white, pristine manor, their footsteps echoing through the grand halls. Inside, their parents sat in the lavish living room—Lucius Malfoy, his sharp features set in a mask of indifference, read a magazine, while Narcissa, ever the picture of grace, played the piano with an elegant, practiced hand.

"We're going to see Blaise," Draco announced, and Lucius lifted his head, his eyes—so similar to Ravana's—narrowing slightly as he looked from his son to his daughter. Ravana met his gaze with a blank expression, her lips firmly sealed.

"Are you going?" Lucius asked, closing the newspaper with a flick of his wrist, the sound crisp and commanding.

"Yes," Draco replied, scratching the back of his head, a slight unease in his stance. "She's coming with me."