𝔗𝔥𝔯𝔢𝔢

Ravana carefully packed up her belongings, each movement deliberate. Her slender fingers, pale and elegant, moved with precision as she folded every dress and silk robe, the soft fabric gliding through her hands. The platinum blonde waves of her hair cascaded over her shoulders, catching the fading light of the afternoon as if each strand were spun from moonlight. Her room, usually bathed in hues of deep blue from the velvet drapes and satin bedding, felt unusually empty now. Her sleek black cat, Dumpling, lounged atop her trunk, her emerald eyes locked on Ravana, who was brushing her long, shimmering hair, each stroke methodical and calming.

"It won't be like last year, Dumpling," Ravana sighed, her voice barely above a whisper. "This time, we're going to Hogwarts."

Dumpling responded with a loud, insistent meow before gracefully leaping off the trunk, rubbing her soft fur against Ravana's calf in a comforting gesture. Smiling softly, Ravana called for her house elf. With a sharp pop, the tiny creature appeared, dutifully whisking her bags away. Ravana descended the grand staircase of Malfoy Manor, her long, elegant robes sweeping behind her, embroidered with delicate silver patterns that seemed to catch the light with every step.

Her family stood waiting by the grand oak doors, their expressions unreadable. Lucius and Narcissa, with their aristocratic bearing, looked every bit the picture of the pureblood elite. As the four of them stepped into the crisp morning air and headed towards Platform 9 ¾, the atmosphere grew heavy with the weight of an unspoken farewell. When they finally arrived, Ravana's gaze fell upon the scarlet train with a mix of disbelief and distaste, her aristocratic nose scrunching slightly.

"This is how we get to school?" Ravana asked, holding Dumpling tightly in her arms, her cold, grey eyes narrowed in judgment.

"What, not as proper as Beauxbatons' carriages?" Draco teased, his smirk widening as he pulled his sister into a quick hug before turning to their parents. He embraced their mother, Narcissa, with a surprising gentleness and offered a firm handshake to their father, Lucius.

Narcissa cupped Draco's face, her eyes soft with maternal affection. "Look out for her," she whispered, her voice thick with emotion.

"My sister. My responsibility," Draco replied with a confident smile, though the depth of his promise lingered in the air. "I'll be waiting in the sixth compartment on the right," he added before striding towards the train without another glance.

Ravana remained, turning to her parents. She hugged her mother tightly, feeling Narcissa's frame tremble as silent tears fell. "I'm sorry we took you away from Beauxbatons," her mother whispered into her ear, guilt lacing every word.

"It's alright," Ravana murmured, her voice steady but soft. "I love you."

Then, she turned to her father, and when Lucius embraced her, it was with a rare, intense affection. He leaned down, his breath warm against her ear. "Use your gift. Do what I told you. I will send letters."

Ravana looked up into his sharp, calculating eyes, her own expression unreadable, her aristocratic features giving nothing away. "Yes, sir."

As she began to turn, Lucius caught her arm, his grip firm but not harsh. "I love you," he said, the words quiet yet heavy with unspoken meaning.

"I love you too," she replied, her voice catching ever so slightly. With a final glance, she bent down, scooping Dumpling into her arms, and boarded the train, her head held high, her long robes flowing gracefully behind her.

The train was crowded, with teenagers of all ages filling the corridor, laughing and greeting each other like long-lost friends. "Excuse me," Ravana spoke, her voice cool and clear as she tried to make her way through the crowd.