╰➤ 𝗩𝗦. 𝗧𝗘𝗔𝗠 𝗪

𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗦𝗧𝗢𝗢𝗗 𝗢𝗡 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗙𝗜𝗘𝗟𝗗, Niko was crouching down, panting heavily as his chest heaved with every breath

       𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗦𝗧𝗢𝗢𝗗 𝗢𝗡 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗙𝗜𝗘𝗟𝗗, Niko was crouching down, panting heavily as his chest heaved with every breath. His shirt clung to his body, soaked through with sweat, while his hair stuck to his forehead in damp strands. You could see the strain in his muscles, the way his legs trembled slightly from the exertion.

In contrast, you only had a light sheen of sweat on your skin, the result of the hours you had spent on the field together, but Niko looked like he had been through a storm. 

“Again…”

he muttered, barely audible between gasps for air. He wiped the sweat from his chin with the back of his hand, determination flashing in his eyes despite the exhaustion weighing down his body.

You couldn't help but roll your eyes at the sight. It was the same scene, over and over—Niko pushing himself past his limits, stubbornly insisting on another round even though he was clearly spent. 

"That’s enough training for today, alright?" you said, your tone firm but not unkind. You stepped closer to him, looking down at the boy who was practically burning himself out.

"I’ve got a match coming up soon, and I need to get back before they realize I snuck out." You reached down, ruffling Niko’s hair, which was already messy from the sweat and the effort. He flinched slightly at the contact, but there was no resistance.

“You’ve done well, Niko,” you continued, your voice softer now. "I hope to see your improvement in our next training, 'kay?" you added, stepping back and giving him a nod of approval. Niko’s breath finally began to steady, and he slowly got to his feet, swaying slightly as he did. He didn’t say anything, just gave you a determined look that promised he would work even harder before the next time you met. 

With one last glance at him, you turned and began to walk away.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

"In the next game, we're facing Team W!"

Reo's voice boomed across the room, echoing off the walls as he slammed his hand down on the whiteboard that was covered with a mess of lines, circles, and hastily scribbled notes outlining their strategy. His intense gaze swept over his teammates, ensuring he had their full attention.

"Like us, they won their first game. The core of their team is the Wanima Brothers!" Reo continued, his hand now moving to reveal two photos pinned to the board.

The images displayed two identical boys who were the Wanima Brothers, with their hair and expressions slightly differentiating them.

One had a wild, spiky hairstyle, while the other's hair fell in more controlled waves. But there was something unsettling about their appearances—the kind of faces that made you do a double-take, not because they were particularly remarkable, but because of how oddly grotesque they seemed.