Thirty Three : The Magic of Touch

Parthavi

His words, "Because I want to see every part of you, every emotion, every thought. You're my world, Parthavi," echoed in my mind, sending a shiver down my spine. I looked at him, my heart skipping a beat. His smile was infectious, radiating warmth that seemed to fill the entire room. He bent down to pick up the necklace that had fallen after he opened it.

As he stepped back, his gaze lingered on me, his eyes filled with an intensity that made me want to lose myself in him. I turned to the mirror, my reflection staring back at me. Did I really look captivating? I'd always thought of myself as ordinary, but in his eyes, I felt extraordinary.

I leaned closer to the mirror, examining myself with newfound scrutiny. Was there something different about me? Something that made him see me in such a special way?

"Parthavi," his voice interrupted my thoughts, startling me. I turned to look at him, his eyes twinkling with amusement. Why was I so easily distracted?

His amusement only deepened as he watched me examine myself with such intensity. "What are you looking for?" he asked, his voice laced with a playful tone.

I blushed, feeling a bit silly. "I don't know," I admitted, my voice barely a whisper. He pursed his lips, trying to hold back a smile, but a twinkle of amusement twinkled in his eyes. I glared at him, feeling even more embarrassed.

"Don't laugh at me," I huffed, crossing my arms.

He chuckled. "I'm not laughing at you," he insisted, his eyes sparkling.

"Of course, I can see that," I narrowed my eyes at him, trying to sound stern. But the playful glint in his eyes made it impossible to stay mad.

His laughter only intensified as I stumbled backward, my cheeks flushed with embarrassment. How dare he laugh at me?

"Stop it!" I exclaimed, my voice rising in a mixture of annoyance and embarrassment.

He finally managed to control his laughter, wiping a tear from his eye. "I'm sorry," he said, his voice still tinged with amusement. "But you were so cute."

I rolled my eyes, trying to hide my smile. "Cute? More like clumsy," I muttered, my voice barely a whisper.

He chuckled, leaning in to kiss my cheek. "Clumsy and adorable," he corrected, his eyes sparkling with mischief.

I swatted at his arm, but he only laughed harder. Finally, I managed to push him away. "Stop it!" I giggled, my anger melting away.

He grinned, his eyes sparkling with mischief. "Okay, okay," he said, raising his hands in surrender. "I'll stop."

I crossed my arms, still a bit embarrassed. "You're mean," I pouted.

"And you are dumb and cute," he teased.

"Don't call me dumb, Arya," I huffed, my voice a mix of annoyance and embarrassment.

"But you are, Parthavi," he smirked, his eyes twinkling. "Now, are you planning to get up? Or are you going to stay here all night?"

I crossed my arms and folded my legs, determined to stay put. "I'll stay here all night," I declared, turning my face away.

"Get up, little explorer," he said, his voice playful.

I shook my head, refusing to budge. "Say sorry."

"Why do I always have to say sorry? I'm not apologizing," he said, his tone a mixture of defiance and amusement.

I gasped, my eyes widening in disbelief. "Because you called me dumb," I insisted.

"And how many times have you called me arrogant and annoying?" he countered.