𝟐𝟔. 𝐒𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

Hii, Everyone, I am here again !!!

I don't know why but my heart screamed to put this song here as their feelings are growing listen to it while reading and enjoy the chapter.

First of all, you guys are so lovely, I asked you for something and you gave me a good response and I am so grateful for it.

So as I have told you that I will update the chapter today so here is the update !!!!! if you want to know about future updates, follow me on wattpad pookies...

Now you can start the chapter -

The cold, sterile light of the interrogation room glared down on Mishika as she sat nervously at the metal table

The cold, sterile light of the interrogation room glared down on Mishika as she sat nervously at the metal table. Her hands were clenched tightly in her lap, her knuckles white with tension. The walls, painted a dull grey, seemed to amplify the heaviness of the moment.

The door creaked open, and a stern-faced female investigator entered. Her sharp eyes and no-nonsense demeanor spoke volumes. She took a seat opposite Mishika, placing a thin folder on the table with a decisive thud.

"Good evening. I'm Investigator Müller"- she said, her voice clipped and authoritative. "Let's start with some basic details. Your name?"
"Mishika Bharadwaj"- Mishika answered, her voice barely above a whisper. She forced herself to meet Müller's gaze.

"Occupation?"
"I'm a software engineer at Emerald Oriental" - Mishika replied, trying to steady her voice.
Müller nodded, her expression unyielding. "And what was the reason for your dispute with Frank Waltz?"

"It was about the rent"- Mishika explained, her voice trembling slightly. "He wanted to increase it, but we couldn't afford it. We argued, and he told us to leave the flat. After that, Ahana and I went to a friend's house for a party."

Müller's eyes narrowed. "Which friend?"
"Arjun Ranawat" - Mishika answered.

Müller's gaze sharpened. "Arjun Ranawat, the head of the Architect department at Emerald Oriental?"
Mishika's eyebrows furrowed in surprise. "How do you know that?"

Müller's lips curled into a thin smile. "Don't worry, Mishika. I've done my homework. I know everything about you. I am curious how you've managed to befriend so many reputable people in such a short period."
Mishika's face flushed with frustration."It's my personal life, and I can choose with whom I want to be friends."

Müller's expression hardened. "You are still under investigation. It would be wise to keep your emotions in check."
Mishika took a deep breath, trying to calm herself. "Please, you have to listen. I'm telling you the truth. I had no reason to harm Frank."

Just then, Müller's phone buzzed. She glanced at it and then stood up, walking out of the room. Through the thin walls, Mishika could hear muffled voices. Müller spoke to another officer, her tone urgent. "Both of them answered the same way regarding their whereabouts. It seems too coordinated as if they were prepared."