Chapter 2: sir yes sir oorah!

"Wake up, you sleepy baby!" the captain said as he rang the small bell in his hand.

I growled and opened my eyes, looking around inside the boat. There are a lot of people here—a lot of them. The beds can't even handle this many people, so I had to sleep on the floor.

"Ahghhhh..."

Sorry, we had to sleep on the floor.

"Ahem, we are currently approaching Muka Dock. In about 5 minutes, we will hit land. I want you to check for your items and equipment. Please don't forget anything," the captain said before leaving the room.

"... ..."

"Arrghhh..."

"You don't need to be that dramatic, you know?" I said, looking at my 'friend.'

"...Dramatic? You're nuts! You were the one who had us cleaning and repairing the damage to his ship!"

"It wasn't that bad."

"All night!"

I rolled my eyes. "...Well, maybe you need to work out more."

He frowned at me before sighing. "...Having enhanced stamina is a gift, huh?"

I smirked. "You need to see Pedaov. She'll kick your ass if she catches you lazing around."

"True..."

The boat landed at the Muka Dock, and the door opened with a bang. I walked out, looking around. There were even more boats, with more people disembarking, and tanks and artillery parts being unloaded.

"Wow... I haven't seen this many people since the last time I was at the defensive line at Paddran," I said as more people started exiting the boat behind me.

"Soldiers of the League! Please be informed that the army will be ready in 30 minutes!" a man wearing iron armor announced, reading from a scroll. "Please remember to wear your armor before you march with us! Weapons will be distributed when you are ready!" He then looked up from the scroll. "If you are a civilian and wish to serve in our great army, please report to Pathway 2!"

"Hey, hello? Are you there?" my friend waved his hand in front of my face.

"Oh! Uh, yeah..." I had zoned out for a minute.

"Is this the first time you've ever been out of your town? I can't blame you..." The noise of war machines and horses echoed behind him.

"...But come on, let's go. I am not getting punished for being late this time!"

"...Wait, what do you mean this time—" I didn't get to finish as he grabbed my arm and dragged me to the military camp's charging room.

"Listen up, you lazy lot!" The general stood in front of us, wearing full adamantine armor, his helmet in his left hand.

We wore iron armor: chest plates and armor on our arms and legs with leather cloth at the joints. We didn't wear helmets, well, most of us didn't.

"This war will change the tide against us! No more hiding from this uncivilized enemy! No more waiting! No more fear! Now the enemy will come crawling at our feet! Let this day be the day the Lord above has spoken to us! Our lord speaks of revenge and war. If the enemy wants war, we will give them war! Now we go on the offensive!"

The people on the sidelines started cheering.

"Crush those brutes!"

"Let them know who they're messing with!"

"May the gods above protect this land!"

The general smirked. "Our cavalrymen have scouted the area ahead. Your infantry line will hold the ground at the entrance on the other side, buying time for our heavy vehicles and artillery if they decide to attack us!"