The Past and the Future

There was a huge blast. The remains cleared and it was clear who had won. Shikamaru stood watching Hidan, his face cold. The bloodied Hidan lay under many rocks, staring at Shikamaru. "How dare you? LORD JASHIN WILL PUNISH YOU! HE WILL TORTURE YOU, MAKE YOU BLEED AND HE WILL DO IT THROUGH MY HANDS!!" Shikamaru scoffed. "Your god doesn't scare me. I don't believe in Jashin. I believe in the will of fire. Jason is not your god. I am your god. I am the one who has defeated you." Rocks start falling from above, raining on Hidan. As he was buried, Hidan laughed. "I WILL COME BACK !"

Shikamaru felt a hand on his shoulder. He saw Asuma beside him. He knew it was a hallucination, an illusion but he just smiled as lit up a cigarette.

 He knew it was a hallucination, an illusion but he just smiled as lit up a cigarette

IN KONOHA

Naruto, Sakura, Kakashi were enjoying in a ramen shopped. Sakura looked at Naruto's left hand which had been bandaged. Naruto noticed that. "I'm fine." "No you aren't. That just, I have never seen anything like it. It's dangerous." Naruto nodded. "I know what's good for my body and what isn't Sakura. I already know it's dangerous. Don't worry, I won't be performing that again."

Gojo stood on the spiked hair of the fourth Hokage, looking over the village. The Akatsuki. They were dangerous. The strongest ninjas in the world. But he had fought many of them. None had impressed him. Not Deidera, Sasori, Hidan, Kakazu or Kisme. The only one who he was interested in was the Uchiha. Itachi Uchiha, and that damned Sharingan of his.

 Itachi Uchiha, and that damned Sharingan of his

He breathed a sigh. This world was different. It was happy. And it was up to him that it remained that way. He was going to be the protector of this world, just like of his world. He is going to save it.....Of course, he still wants to go back. But he doesn't even know how he ended up here. His world was still far away. 

Shikamaru stood over Asuma's grave, holding a bouquet of flowers. "It's done sensei. The future's safe. For now." His mind wandered off. Back to that game of Shoji that he had played with his sensei.

He had asked, "I am the knight. How?" Asuma replied, "You are unpredictable just like the movements of the knight." Shikamaru chuckled. "Then Hokage is the king?" Asuma shook his head. "No. The king are the future generations. They are the ones on which everything depends. The reason why we do everything that we do."

"Shikamaru..." He looked back. Kutenai sensei stood behind him. One hand of hers was on her stomach. Shikamaru smiled. It was his responsibility to protect this child. Asuma's child. The future.

Far Far Away. Orochimaru lay, groaning on his bed. Kabuto stood beside him. Orochimaru looked at Kabuto, an evil look in his eyes. "It's time."

RELEASE DATE FOR NEXT PART
23rd September, 2024