Chapter One

Jalyza Chambers

I tossed my bag over my back as I stepped off the bus. Fuck, I can't believe I am here for this bitch. I pulled out my phone and dialed her contact before placing it on my ear.

"Hello."

"Jya." I said.

"Yes Lyza." She said.

"Have you talked to Jade?" I asked.

"Let me guess she missing work?" She asked.

"Yes, she shot me a text asking me to cover for her." I sighed.

"You should've told her ass no." She laughed.

"I'm glad you find this so hilarious." I rolled my eyes.

"You literally just quit, now you're back." She sighed.

I huffed and rubbed my temples as I looked at the club. Once upon a time we all worked there...I recently quit the "Wildcat." when I finally got hired into Apple as a customer service agent.

"Well if I don't cover for her she loses the job and we need the damn money." I said.

"What if Rick knows it's you?" She asked.

"Jade and I are built the same, and it's masquerade night." I said.

"Good, look I have to go. I'll pick you up after my shift." She said.

"Ok, love you." I said hanging up.

I sighed, I loved my sisters god knows I do. But these little bitches are starting to get on my last nerve. I sometimes hate being the first born.

Here I am 27 and still raising these adults. Jya being 25, Jade being 22, and last but not least aka my favorite Josie being 21.

We all lived together in a two bedroom apartment, making ends meet. Our mother died of an overdose on my 21st birthday. She was a piece of shit, gave birth to four babies and none of the "dads" stuck around. She turned to drugs when things got bad.

My siblings have been through a lot...being sold for my mother's next fix. Even resulted to me laying on my back to get them back. I am the first born...imagine what I had to go through.

I placed the bedazzled mask on before walking into the club. Nicki Minaj "Anaconda." Filled my ears.

"Jade, you're late. I'm docking your pay."

I looked up at Rick and nodded, he gave me a questionable look and rubbed his chin.

"Go get changed, I need you in the champagne room. We have a private party coming in soon." He said.

I nodded before walking away, I made it to the dressing room and dropped my bag.

"Fuck." I sighed.

I felt my phone ring before pulling it out seeing Jade.

"Lyza, I'm so sorry I overslept." She said.