Chapter Thirty-One

Jalyza Chambers

I squealed as I twirled in circles, I've seen figure skaters skate only on tv but to actually do it myself was something completely different.

"Lyza slow down you're going to get dizzy." Jackson said.

I giggled before I skated towards him, we held hands as Mr and Mrs.Wang flew right passed us.

"Show offs." He said.

I giggled as we continued skating, we've been here for 3 weeks and it's been a blast. I've met his brother and his wife but since there daughter caught the flu they had too return early.

Christmas was coming up and it was bitter sweet. I usually spent Christmas with my sisters, and Jackson and his family did everything to get me out of my funk.

For that I appreciate but a bitch was definitely bringing in the new year with my sisters. I went to sit down before pulling my phone out, I sniffed as I checked my emails.

I squinted as I looked at the dna results. 99.99% positive...well shit, I looked up to see Jackson skate towards me before sitting beside me.

"What you doing?" He asked removing his gloves.

"Leroy, turns out he's my pappy." I said.

He looked at me and wiped his nose.

"Isn't that a good thing?" He asked.

"It's not a bad thing." I shrugged.

"But? There's always a but." He chuckled.

"But, I don't necessarily feel anything. Happy? Sad? I genuinely just don't care." I said.

He nodded.

"That's because you weren't looking for him in the first place." He said.

"This doesn't happen in the movies." I said.

He chuckled and shook his head.

"That's because this is real life, what do you want to do?" He asked.

"I got this email two weeks ago, he knows the results. I know the results. Am I going to reach out? No." I shrugged.

"You don't need to either, he's been gone forever so it's kind of a it's too late situation." He nodded.

"What if he wants to be in my life?" I asked.

"Our life, and that's up to you. Do you want to get to know him?" He asked.

"Not really." I shook my head.

"Then he'll not really be in our lives." He shrugged.

"Yeah, I guess you're right." I said.

He patted my head and smiled.

"I know, let's get hot chocolate." He said.

I nodded before I put blade protectors on my skates and took his hand. We walked inside the cabin before getting some hot chocolate.