15 | first plan

a frown formed on kinich's face as his coach announced that you had decided to quit being their manager

the coach explained that you had too much on your plate, with the student council taking up most of your time, so the manager position was open once again.

his grip tightened on the strap of his gym bag. it wasn't like you to just give up, but he knew how overwhelmed you had been lately.

still, the thought of not seeing you on the sidelines during practice or games left an unsettling emptiness inside him.

"if any of you know someone interested, let me know." the coach added, glancing around at the players.

the boy's frown deepened as his coach's words sank in. not only had you quit being the manager, but after your recent conversation, it felt like your relationship had gone back to square one.

you had opened up about why you broke up with him — how it wasn't because you stopped caring, but because you felt like you couldn't give him what he deserved. you had made it clear that you didn't see a way for the two of you to try again.

that truth weighed heavily on him now. despite understanding your reasons, it still stung, and the thought of not seeing you at practices anymore only added to the feeling of loss. you were slipping further away, and kinich felt powerless to stop it.

as the team started discussing who could take over the manager role, kinich was barely listening. his thoughts kept circling back to you and the sense of finality that came with your decision.

venti, noticing that kinich was barely paying attention to the discussion, casually walked over with a mischievous glint in his eye.

he crossed his arms, leaning in with a playful smirk. "well, well, seems like loverboy won't be seeing his lovergirl around here anymore, huh?"

kinich shot him an irritated glare. "don't you have something better to do than run your mouth, venti?"

the braided boy giggled, clearly unfazed by kinich's snarky tone. "oh, come on, i'm just trying to help. and speaking of help," venti leaned in closer, lowering his voice conspiratorially.