"Storm Chasers"

---

**["Never Left Me" by Megan Moroney playing]**

♪ I left my boots out by the door ♪
♪ Like I always do ♪
♪ Same stack of magazines by the kitchen sink ♪
♪ It's nothing new I packed my bags... ♪

Javi: I'm not gonna lie. I didn't think you'd come. Nice upgrade from the old van, right?

Kate: Yeah, how are you paying for all this?

Javi: Got investors, you know. Storms are getting more erratic, lot of new housing developments going up, so the developers, they want full-time weather data. So, anytime a new building goes up, I want a StormPAR radar right there letting the people know exactly what the storm's gonna do. I'm telling you, I really feel like we're gonna change the game, Kate. What?

Kate: No, it's just, um... business entrepreneur was not how I saw your future. And we used to feel lucky if we could get you to wear pants.

Javi: Well, that hasn't completely changed.

Kate: (laughing) Yeah, I bet.

Javi: (grinning) Come on, it's not that bad. Anyway, you ready for the week ahead?

(They pull up to a gas station)

[lively chatter]
[music playing faintly over speakers]

Scott: You got it?

Javi: Bring it in, team.

[chatter quiets]

Javi: All right. You guys have all heard me talk about Kate. No one has better instincts. She's the smartest person I know. She's the best. And you will never work with a more talented team than this one. Look, we got PhDs from NASA, FEMA, NOAA, NWS.

Kate: Oh, you've got the whole alphabet.

Javi: Only the best. Except for Scott, my partner here. He went to MIT instead of Muskogee State. But, uh, he makes up for it with his beautiful, amazing personality.

Scott: (rolling his eyes) Yeah, real funny.

Javi: (laughing) Yeah, man, she's good. She's been through worse storms than half the people here.

Kate: (grinning) Right, just what I wanted to hear.

Scott: Yeah, and everybody with a $10 weather app knows it. We've got to stay ahead of this circus.

[horn blaring]

**["Ain't No Love in Oklahoma" by Luke Combs begins playing]**

♪ I keep chasin' that same old devil ♪
♪ Down the same old dead-end highway ♪
♪ Ain't no love in Oklahoma... ♪

Boone: Hey, StormPAR. We're live on YouTube. Say something.

StormPAR Guy: Blow me, Boone.

Scott: Don't engage, don't engage.

Boone: Hey, smile, man. Science is fun, right?

Tyler: (appearing out of nowhere, leaning against a Wrangler truck) Ain't no need to get all worked up, Scott. Let the people have some fun. Right, Faith?

(Faith, standing with her arms crossed, shoots him a hard glare but says nothing. Tyler smirks.)

Faith: I don't have time for your games today, Tyler. Some of us are here to do real work.

Tyler: (grinning) Oh, I'm just here to wrangle tornadoes, sweetheart. Real enough for you? (winks)

Javi: (cutting in, sensing the tension) Faith, let's go. We've got data to pull.

Faith: (bristling) Yeah. Maybe Tyler should try that sometime instead of being a walking YouTube gimmick.

Tyler: (chuckling) Come on, you know I've got charm to spare. (glances at her) Gotta keep the people entertained. Besides, you're just mad 'cause I'm beating you to the punch.

Faith: In your dreams, Owens. Tornado Wranglers don't even know what precision is. It's a circus.

(Tyler steps closer, his smirk softening.)

Tyler: I may not be a StormPAR tech genius, but you know I can read a storm just as well as you can. Don't pretend like you don't notice.

(For a moment, Faith's expression falters. She's used to throwing sharp words at him, but the way he looks at her now—like he knows something more—throws her off. Javi notices, shifting awkwardly.)

Javi: Faith, come on. We don't have time for this.

Faith: (breaking eye contact, turning away) Yeah. Let's go.

(As Faith walks past, Tyler watches her with a mix of amusement and something deeper. Boone nudges him.)

Boone: You gonna let her talk to you like that, T?

Tyler: (still watching her walk away) She's got fire. I like that.

Boone: (laughing) You got it bad, man.

Tyler: (smirking) Yeah, maybe I do. But it's worth the chase.

---