Goblins, Wands, and Halloween Night 1981

[Rose and Hagrid continue walking down Diagon Alley]

Rose: But, Hagrid, how am I to pay for all this? I haven't any money.

Hagrid: Well, there's yer money, Rose. [he points to a tall, white, marble building, Gringotts Bank] Gringotts, the Wizard Bank. T'ain't no safer place, not one. 'Cept perhaps Hogwarts.

"That's debatable," chuckled Ron, as the other two girls grinned. Ron wasn't wrong, they were close to getting killed every year.

[Inside the bank, they walk down the shiny aisle, passing tiny creatures working at their desks.]

Rose: Uh, Hagrid, what exactly are these things?

Hagrid: They're goblins, Rose. Clever as they come goblins but not the most friendly of beasts. Bes' stay close. [Rose sticks to him. Hagrid clears his throat as they approach a counter with a goblin, wearing spectacles and a waistcoat, in it.] Ms. Harry Potter wishes to make a withdrawal.

[The goblin looks up.]

Goblin: And does Ms. Rose Potter have her key?

Hagrid: Oh, wait a minute. Got it here somewhere. Ha! There's the little devil. [Whispers] Oh, and there's something else as well. [Takes out a letter wrapped in a string.] Professor Dumbledore gave me this. [Hagrid hands the Goblin the letter.] It's about You-Know-What in vault You-Know-Which.

Goblin: Very well.

The trio give each other a knowing look.

[Later, they race down the depth caverns in a cartlike structure. The cart stops, and a goblin, called Griphook, clambers out.]

Griphook: Vault 687. Lamp, please. [Hagrid hands him the lamp and he walks to the vault] Key, please.

[Hagrid hands him the key and Griphook unlocks the vault. The room is filled nearly top to bottom with coins. Rose is amazed.]

"Wow," many students gasped.

"You know pup," said Sirius "that's only some of it, that's your trust find. The rest you will be able to get when you turn 17. And since you are my goddaughter, and everyone else in my wretched family is dead, you are also heir to the Black Fortune!"

Many gasped overhearing this, it was now no secret that Rose was very rich.

Hagrid: Didn't think yer mum and dad will leave you with nothing now, did yeh?

[They continue on through the cavern.]

Griphook: Vault 713.

Rose: What's in there, Hagrid?

Hagrid: Can't tell yeh, Rose. It's Hogwarts business. Very secret.

Griphook: Stand back. [Slides finger down the door. The vault opens to reveal a small white stone package. Hagrid enters the vault and scoops it up. The eerie light it was shining with disappears.]

Hagrid: Bes' not to mention this to anyone, Rose.

"That means 'don't tell anyone, well unless your names are Ron and Hermione," said George gleefully "We all know, you know."

"That's very true," grinned Ron "but I am not telling you all, the movies will do that anyway. It is also funny to see you lot plead."