~~•Forty two•~~

The next morning brought more misery and confusion for her as it welcomed the dusk of the dawn but the weather of her insides was shoddy and dark. Her parents, especially her father, considered whatever happened to her something shameful and embarrassing that he couldn't stare her directly in the eyes.

The way he sounded so remorseful and the way he looked at her made Andaleeb's insides clench with unwanted apprehension. She, who always wanted to become a backbone and strengthening pillar for her family, became so weak and fragile that now they had to take care of her broken pieces. It all happened due to that egoistical man.

And now hearing that her father wished her to accept the fate with that same man aggravated her. All of her efforts were ruined by the helplessness of the Sultan. She, who wanted to get rid of him, was ordered to just go back to him. Sultan didn't budge away from his stance one bit. He wanted her to just revive those scars once again because that guy had just claimed her as his and there was no turning back from it.

Could everything become so destitute like this that someone else would decide the things in her life? Andaleeb had never imagined this. Now, everywhere, the only thing she could find was darkness and desperation. Andaleeb still couldn't understand how her Baba could act this recklessly regarding her. She was kidnapped and forced by that guy and sending her back to him seemed like the only option for her.

Her heart felt anxious, and she decided to give talking to Daneen another chance even though her parents had asked her not to tell her that she was back. However, in this emotional turmoil, she remembered her sister. Her friend, her selfless and sweet sister who would always calmly listen to whatever she had to say. Would she do the same this time as well?

Against all odds, Andaleeb tried to call Daneen but as expected, she didn't pick up her call. Her sister was angry at her and perhaps she had every right to do so. Masab had separated her from Aurang, and she was so furious at him. Maybe his death had acted as a consolation for her that she couldn't reminisce those feelings she had for him anymore but Zaroon was here in front of Daneen. How could she move on like this? Andaleeb suddenly reckoned that whatever was happening was justifiable. She should be going through all this because she really did the first betrayal of her family by going behind their backs.

This morning when she got up, laziness and tiredness washed all over her personality. Another day passed and it unknowingly made her remember Masab. He didn't initiate any talk about their official marriage. He also hadn't brought his family. What if he really didn't come and all this was a game of revenge for him? However, this realization didn't give her any consolation anymore since she was made a stigma by her own family already. Instead, it made her feel disappointed.

Masab claimed to be in so much love with her; he did everything in his power to get her, irrespective of making any distinction between right and wrong, and then his craze for her was evident from everything he did. Some twisted person in her was finding it so relishing and special that there was someone who cared for her, who thought about her, and who wanted her. And now, after this, if Masab would back off and instead it would reveal that he wasn't sincere, she didn't know if she would feel happy by it or sad.