Prologue

The streets of Yiling were no place for a child. The narrow alleys were filled with beggars, merchants, and the stench of desperation. Young Wei Wuxian, no more than ten years old, wandered the streets with a mischievous grin, though his stomach growled with hunger. He had become an expert at surviving on scraps, but today, food was hard to come by.

Weaving through the crowds, his sharp eyes caught sight of something—a small wooden stall, filled with delicate toys. Wooden swords, small animals, and carvings of cranes. His eyes widened, not with greed, but with wonder. They were simple, yet to a child who had nothing, they were treasures.

Unbeknownst to him, a young boy dressed in pristine white robes stood nearby, his golden eyes quietly observing. The child’s stoic face gave little away, but there was a soft flicker of interest in his gaze as he watched Wei Wuxian crouch beside the stall, looking at the toys with fascination.

Wei Wuxian hesitated, then reached out to touch one of the carvings—a small wooden rabbit. Before he could admire it further, the toy slipped from his hand and rolled across the dusty ground, coming to rest at the feet of the boy in white.

Their eyes met.

Lan Wangji, second young master of the Gusu Lan Sect, stared down at the scruffy child with his hand still outstretched toward the fallen toy.

Before Wei Wuxian could say anything, Lan Wangji bent down, picked up the toy rabbit, and placed it into Wei Wuxian’s hand. “Keep it,” he said quietly.

Wei Wuxian blinked in surprise. “For me?”

Lan Wangji gave a small nod. "Yes."

It was a simple gesture, a fleeting encounter. But for two boys from such different worlds, it was the beginning of something far more profound.

---
How do u like the chapter, let me know in the comments.
Bye🤗