Chapter 1: The Beginning of a Beautiful Friendship

High school. The place where most people either make lifelong friends or forgettable acquaintances. For Sayanshi, it turned out to be the former—a time when she found her tribe, the people who would become her closest friends, her second family.

It all started on the first day of tenth grade at Sunrise High School. The sun was blazing, the air was filled with chatter and excitement, and the school halls were buzzing with students trying to find their new classrooms. Sayanshi was no different. With her hair tied up in a messy bun, a sports bag slung over her shoulder, and a nervous yet excited energy coursing through her, she navigated the crowded hallways.

She had always been the kind of person who made friends easily, her bubbly and friendly nature drawing people to her like a magnet. But even so, starting a new school year always brought a mix of excitement and nerves. She was looking forward to seeing who she would meet and what adventures awaited.

As she entered her new classroom, her eyes scanned the rows of desks. She spotted a familiar face near the window—Vibha, her friend from middle school. Vibha was a quiet girl, more reserved than Sayanshi, but their contrasting personalities had drawn them together. They balanced each other out.

"Vibha!" Sayanshi called out, making her way to the desk next to her.

Vibha looked up from her book and smiled. "Hey, Sayanshi! Ready for another year of madness?"

"Always!" Sayanshi grinned as she dropped her bag onto the chair and sat down. "I hope this year's going to be more fun than last year."

Before Vibha could respond, a third girl walked in, her eyes scanning the classroom nervously. She was tall, with glasses that seemed a little too big for her face, and she clutched her books tightly against her chest. Neharika had just transferred to Sunrise High School after her family moved to the city, and everything felt new and overwhelming to her.

Sayanshi noticed the new girl immediately. She nudged Vibha and nodded toward Neharika. "Hey, she looks lost. Let's call her over."

Vibha agreed, and Sayanshi waved at Neharika, who hesitated for a moment before approaching them.

"Hi, I'm Sayanshi, and this is Vibha," Sayanshi introduced herself with a warm smile. "Want to sit with us?"

Neharika's shoulders visibly relaxed, and she smiled back. "I'm Neharika. Thanks! I'd love to."

The three girls quickly fell into easy conversation, talking about everything from their favorite subjects to their hobbies. Sayanshi's enthusiasm was contagious, and soon enough, Neharika felt like she had found a place where she belonged.

As the school year progressed, their trio became inseparable. They helped each other with assignments, shared lunches, and gossiped about their crushes. But the group wasn't complete just yet.

A few months later, the school held its annual sports day. Sayanshi, being the sporty girl she was, signed up for several events. It was there that she met Medhant and Faiz.

Medhant was the witty, sarcastic guy who could make anyone laugh. He was competing in the 100-meter sprint, and when he saw Sayanshi warming up for her race, he couldn't resist making a comment.

"You sure you're ready for this? Don't want to pull a muscle, now," Medhant teased with a playful smirk.

Sayanshi raised an eyebrow, grinning. "Oh, you're on, sprint boy. Let's see who crosses the finish line first."

That lighthearted challenge was all it took for the two of them to hit it off. After the race—where Sayanshi narrowly beat Medhant—they spent the rest of the day joking around and cheering each other on in different events. By the end of the day, Sayanshi knew Medhant was going to be a permanent part of her life.

Then there was Faiz—the calm, level-headed guy who was a master at basketball. Sayanshi first noticed him during one of the basketball matches when he single-handedly scored the winning points for his team. His quiet confidence intrigued her, and she approached him after the game.

"Hey, nice game out there!" Sayanshi said, extending a hand. "I'm Sayanshi."

Faiz shook her hand with a small smile. "Thanks. I'm Faiz. You were pretty good in the races."

From that moment on, Faiz became a part of their growing group. He didn't talk much, but when he did, it was always something insightful or witty. His calm demeanor balanced out the group's more energetic personalities, and they all appreciated his steady presence.

As the year went on, the five of them grew closer, becoming more like family than friends. They shared countless memories—sneaking out for late-night snacks, studying for exams together, celebrating each other's victories, and comforting each other during tough times. Their bond became unbreakable, and they knew that no matter what, they would always have each other's backs.

Graduation day came all too quickly, but their friendship didn't end there. They all got into the same college, a dream come true for the tight-knit group. As they packed their bags and prepared for the next chapter of their lives, they made a promise: no matter what happened, they would stick together.

And now, here they were, stepping into their new lives as college students. Excitement buzzed in the air as they walked through the campus gates together, ready to face whatever challenges and adventures awaited them. Little did they know, their lives were about to take a turn they never expected—with the arrival of someone who would change everything.