iv. allure

"YOU HAD a date yesterday, and you didn't think to tell me all about it?" Tann grumbled at you. You don't say anything, taking a puff as you exhale it in the corner of your mouth. The two of you taking a quick break outside the club again.

"Wasn't a date." You pointed out. Thoughts lingering to Qimir. A fluttery feeling inside your stomach tickles you with anticipation for later,

"Okay, then what was it?" She asks, raising her brow at you, skeptical as she too takes a puff of her cigarette.

"We ate, talk, he's my friend, Tann." You shrugged, not wanting to assume that it was romantic what you and him shared together yesterday.

"I feel like you're just going to keep denying it until my tongue tires from saying otherwise." She sighs at you. "You know, I almost called security force on him when he asked me where you live. I almost did, but-" She suddenly paused, an odd look on her face as if she doesn't remember something. "I... Kriff, I did say something else. I can't remember."

"Memory lapse?" You look at her amusingly, she often would run her mouth about something.

"Yeah, strange. But, that's not important!" She finishes her cigarette as she tosses it the ground then stomps it with her heel to extinguish it. "Just be careful around him."

You pause, looking at her with a questioning gaze. "...Alright."

"He's cute. I can give you that. Weird? Very." Tann shrugs and you snort a laugh at her judgement towards Qimir. "He's got this weird vibe, I don't know. I usually have a straight opinion on people."

"That I know." You humor her and she smiles. Your quick smoke break with Tann ends shortly. Your shift is about to end in less than an hour, so you had to shortly clean-up for the next people working the late night. You can't help but think about Tann's words. Sure, it was her own opinion on the man you can't stop thinking about.

You let out a grunt as you carried back a mop back to the storage room, the pungent smell of a customer's bile you mopped makes you welch. "Ew, ew, ew-" You try your best to quickly to open the door of the storage room. You shoved it to where you hoped the janitor would see to clean it, even if he may resent you for ruining the mop.

You wipe your hands on your uniform, checking yourself if you have any of the disgusting stuff on you before heading back out the storage room.

A glint of light suddenly catches your attention. At the end of the hallway was another storage room, no one really uses it except for storing away previous furniture of the club or service droids that were of an older model or broken. Or for storing some of the boss's own stuff. The door was completely open, only darkness is seen from where you stand but you somehow can still see a subtle glow coming from inside. You stand in the middle of the hallway, the broken fluorescent light flickering.

You suddenly feel like you're in a trance seeing that shimmering light. Like a moth to a flame, you're allured to it in the most strangest way possible. You don't realize that you're now cautiously walking towards it, seeing that you're now standing in-front of the open door. The hum of something in the air, drawing you in further until you reach the end of the storage room, to where the light is. An oddly shaped object, you find, was shining in the darkness. It emitted a soft red glow, pulsing, as if it's waking up.

"Huh..." You don't know what to make it out of, it was of a triangular shape, with intricate designs laid across it. Hidden in a worn-out box. Wondering why they placed it here. The most alluring part was how beautiful it looked in the red glow it emits. You hold your breath, reaching out, not quite sure what to expect. It beckons you to come, lay your hand on it and—