v. desire

THE CITY lights never looked so beautiful from where you stand.

"Qimir..." You don't have words to say, you have always looked at Narsh as a disgusting planet, waiting and wanting to leave. But despite the planet's horrible crimes and filth littering the city, you almost forgot how the sea of different colored lights illuminated the whole planet. Making it appear like a crystal ball in the distance of incoming people visiting it. But from here, it looks like those beautiful sparkling gems from a distance. You don't know what to say, the location Qimir somehow managed to find was at the outskirts of the district you two are in, wherein there's a slight trek up to a hill, abandoned apartments and shops littered everywhere. A ghost town.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" He smiles, looking at the view then looking at you. Satisfied with your reaction to his surprise.

"Yeah." You nod, heart fluttering when you realized how special this moment is. That this man made you momentarily forget all the things you loathed on this planet, not finding any beauty in it. You think that you just haven't been looking at the right direction, there's always beauty in everything.

"I thought a change of scenery might do us good." He adds, the chill of the air making him feel fuzzy, and the other tingling feeling he feels in his chest. You don't notice his gaze softens as he admires the way your lips are opened slightly, there's a shine in your eyes while the city's lights perfectly shine on your pretty face.

Desire.

It whispers to him. Oh, the soft whisper of desire.

But he remembers what he came here for.

"You're glowing, doll." The compliment eases off his lips smoothly. You finally glance at him, your serene smile still on your face. You wondered how he managed to find this part of the district.

"Where did you manage to find this place?" You questioned him. "Aren't you a busy man?" You reminded him of his words.

"Mhm, but a busy man can have time to woo you." He grinned. You scoff at that, amused.

"Won't your boss kill you for prancing around?" You teased and he wants to laugh at that. He merely shrugged, getting closer to you.

"Oh, he won't mind. In fact, he might even understand my lack of work." He really means it. Oh, he really doesn't mind.

"You're already struggling to find that smuggler, you know?" You chuckled, liking his closeness as his arm brushes against yours.

"Not struggling, pretty. I actually found out he frequents your club." He starts, waiting for you to ask him what he's looking for.

"Really?" You're surprised to hear that. "Hmm, I don't exactly remember seeing a former Jedi smuggler before." You think, remembering the faces of the customers that had an impression on you, good or bad.

"Because he doesn't look like a Jedi, doll." He deadpans, amused that you would recognize someone who's an ex-Jedi.

"Hey! Maybe they still have that serene and peaceful posture even if they're not a Jedi anymore." You countered and he laughed at that. "Don't you have an image of the guy?"

His attention is sparked now. "If I show you his face, you promise not to ask any one you know of him?" He says as you nod, it was a gamble to do this because of the possibility the bounty would have eyes and ears protecting him. And the fucker would go into hiding more discreetly.

"I promise." You say. He then grabs his holoprojector from his pocket, turning it on as he finds the image sent by the contractor. The blue projector flashes before your eyes in his palm, you see the image of a man with a beard, looking about in his late 50's, hair tied back with grey streaks showing, and the most striking appearance was the large scar starting from his right temple then ends at the side of his face. And actually, you do recognized the man.