𝒫𝒶𝓇𝓉 𝒯𝒽𝓇ℯℯ ❣︎

As Giyuu was taking a nap, he heard a knock on the door.

*Who could it be?* he thought to himself. As he opened the door, he saw a familiar face—an annoying butterfly named Shinobu Kocho.

"Ara ara, Tomioka-san, you forgot your medicine."

"I thought you said it was over."

"No, I said it was dormant, but it could come out at any given moment. *That* is why I told you to stay at the mansion. "

"Geez I'm sorry."

"Oyakata-sama gave me very specific orders to keep you at the mansion."

"Okay, now come with me."

"As long as you don't bug me."

"Okay, I won't annoy you... Wait a minute—was that a pun on my breathing style?"

"No, no, it wasn't, I promise." (*It was.*)

---

**Ten minutes later...**

"CAW CAW! Water Hashira, go meet Oyakata-sama now! CAW CAW!"

"Okay, okay, I'm going..."

---

**After putting on his normal attire...**

"Kanzaki, I'm leaving. Oyakata-sama is calling me, okay? Tell Kocho."

"Okay, Water Pillar-sama."

As Giyuu walked toward the headquarters, a familiar face approached him—the Fire Pillar, Kyojuro Rengoku.

"HEY, TOMIOKA, LOOKING FIERY!"

A smaller figure poked out from behind.

"What was that cloud called again? Hey, do you know the name of that cloud?" asked the Mist Hashira, Tokito Muichiro.

"Uh, yeah, I'm pretty sure it's called a cumulus cloud," Giyuu replied.

"Kyojuro-san, where are you headed?" Giyuu asked, remembering a troubling thought.

---

**Flashback...**

"CAW CAW! Flame Hashira Kyojuro Rengoku died while fighting Upper Moon 3! CAW CAW!"

**End of flashback...**

"Oh, Oyakata-sama sent a kasugai crow for us. What about you?"

"Oyakata-sama called me as well."

"What happened, my friend? You sound much more vibrant today."

"Nothing happened, Kyojuro-san. It's just that life is beautiful, and I should embrace every moment, as our job is a very dangerous one. We will face death multiple times, so I will be spending time with the people I care about and those I consider friends."

"Wow, Tomioka, that was cool! Or as Uzui would put it, *flamboyant!* Anyways, after we return from the headquarters, there will be a feast in my honor, and it will be *umai!*"

---

*After they have arrived...*

---

"My dear children, how was your day?"

All three of them bowed down and said, "This day has been fine, Oyakata-sama. Thank you for asking."

"My children, in Kuroiyuki Mountain, there has been a report of hundreds of people going missing suddenly. We believe this is the work of a high-ranking Lower Moon, potentially Lower Moon 2 or 1. We need you, Hashiras, to fight and put them out of the misery Muzan has afflicted upon them."

"Thank you, everyone, for listening. You are dismissed."

"Okay, let's head to the restaurant."

"Yaaay," Muichiro said in an almost sarcastic manner.

---

*Thirty minutes later...*

---

"Tomioka, what will you be getting?" Kyojuro asked enthusiastically.

"I will be getting salmon daikon."

"What about you, Tokito?"

"Umm... what was I going to get again? Umm... I'll take the, um, furofuki daikon."

"That is *umai,* Tokito! You have great taste in food!"

---

*After they have gotten their food...*

---

"UMAI! UMAI! UMAI! Everything is *umai!*"

Giyuu ate his food with a small smile on his face, which luckily went unnoticed by the two other Pillars.

---

*They are heading for Kuroiyuki Mountain...*

---

After arriving, they went on asking the townsfolk about rumors. Tokito forgot his sword at another restaurant. After asking the townsfolk, they got a good idea about the demon—it was a demon with illusion powers. It would lure victims by showing them illusions of deceased loved ones and another claimed that the demon (they didn't know it was a demon) lured their victims using dreams aswell...

---

**TO BE CONTINUED...**

---

I couldn't resist the urge to write another chapter lol