Crazy Jealous

I ducked every flying object like a ninja, narrowly escaping the onslaught.

"Babe, chill! Let's talk, okay?" I held up my hands in surrender, still dodging whatever she hurled my way.

My heart skipped a beat as a slipper whizzed past my face, inches from making contact. I barely managed to duck in time, thankful my handsome face was still intact.

She stood there, eyes blazing with fury, gripping the other slipper like a weapon. "If you take one more step, I swear—"

"I'm sorry! I swear, it was an honest mistake! I thought it was you!" I pleaded, diving behind the couch as she raised the slipper in her hand, ready for another attack.

"Come here, now!" she shouted, her voice dripping with warning.

I shook my head furiously, peeking over the couch. "Only if you put that thing down first!"

"You–" She threw the slipper at my face, with that it finally hit me–

Pause!

Are you guys wondering what really happened?

Rewind!

"Hurry up, babe! I really want to hit the mall," Haerin whined, practically bouncing with excitement.

"Didn't we just go on Monday?" I raised an eyebrow, lazily poking at the broccoli on my plate before taking a bite.

"Yeah, but there's new stuff! Clothes I haven't seen yet. Come on, don't make me go alone." She pouted, her eyes wide as she leaned in closer, using that look she knows I can never resist.

I sighed, putting down my fork, "You seriously want to drag me out again? You know malls aren't my thing."

"Please?" She slid over next to me on the couch, her fingers lightly brushing my arm, sending a shiver up my spine. "It'll be fun... and you can help me pick something cute to wear. You like it when I dress up, don't you?"

I swallowed, feeling her warmth as she pressed against my side. "You know I do, but—"

"No buts." Haerin smirked, sliding her hand up to my shoulder, her thumb grazing the back of my neck. "You'll come with me, won't you, babe?"

I could feel my resolve crumbling as her lips brushed my ear, her breath warm and teasing. "You know I hate saying no to you."

"That's the spirit." She grinned, pulling back just enough to meet my eyes, her hand still lingering on my neck. "Besides, you'll look good standing next to me in those new clothes."

I rolled my eyes playfully. "Fine, you win. Let me just change."

Haerin's face lit up with that familiar smile, her eyes sparkling. "I knew you'd give in! You're the best," she said, hopping up from the bed as I stood.

I headed over to our shared closet, rummaging through my side for something comfortable. A simple black shirt and jeans—nothing special, but I wasn't trying to impress anyone. Meanwhile, Haerin was already pulling out her favorite black dress. I glanced at her as she slid it on, and my eyes couldn't help but linger. The dress hugged her figure just right, accentuating all the details I admired.

She caught me staring and smirked. "You checking me out again?"

I coughed, trying to cover up the obvious. "It's... a nice dress."

"Just nice?" she teased, turning to look at herself in the mirror. She ran her fingers through her hair before giving a little twirl. "Come on, I know you can do better than that."