|| CHAPTER 15 ||

In the midst of the Holi celebrations, the evening had begun to wind down, and the house was finally settling into a calm after the day's festivities. Zara had already fallen asleep in her room, exhausted from all the running around, colors, and excitement. The helpers had cleaned up most of the colorful mess, and now the house was peaceful, the only sound being the soft breeze outside.

Maanveer and Ishani were in their bedroom, getting ready to settle down for the night. Maanveer, still feeling the high from the festive day, was in an especially playful mood. He couldn't stop thinking about how beautiful Ishani had looked in her yellow saree, the way her waist and navel peeked out from the soft fabric as she moved around the house. Every time he had seen her smile or laughed while playing with Zara, it had only made him more captivated by her.

Ishani, on the other hand, had felt a subtle change in her body throughout the day. She knew her period was due soon, but she hadn't expected it to arrive on Holi night. As she finished freshening up and changed into a comfortable saree for the night, she realized her period had just started. It was the worst timing, considering the way Maanveer had been looking at her all evening—full of longing and mischief.

As she walked out of the bathroom, her saree draped loosely over her, Maanveer was already sitting on the bed, watching her intently. His eyes were filled with that same desire she had seen throughout the day, and she could sense what was on his mind. He stood up as soon as he saw her and walked over to her, his hands immediately finding their way to her waist, pulling her close.

"Jaan," he whispered in a deep, husky voice, his breath warm against her neck as he leaned in. "You look so beautiful today... I couldn't stop thinking about you."

Ishani felt her heart race, and she knew exactly where this was going. But she also knew that she couldn't give in to Maanveer's desire tonight, not with her period having just started. Still, she couldn't help but smile at the intensity of his gaze.

"Maanveer," she whispered softly, placing her hands on his chest as she leaned back slightly. "I have my period..."

Maanveer paused, his forehead resting against hers, and for a moment, he sighed in disappointment. He had been looking forward to this all evening, and the news clearly dampened his mood. But then, after a brief pause, he smiled and kissed her forehead gently.

"That's okay, jaan," he said softly, his hands still resting on her waist. "I can wait. There's no rush."

Ishani smiled at his understanding nature, but she could also see the frustration in his eyes. His desire hadn't faded, even though he was trying to be patient. In that moment, a playful idea came to her mind—a way to tease him, to test his patience a little.

Ishani stood in front of Maanveer, her heart racing as she contemplated what she was about to do. The soft saree she had draped over her body brushed gently against her skin, its folds accentuating her curves, and the pallu lay securely over her shoulder, hiding her navel from Maanveer's intense gaze. He had been staring at her all evening, longing and desire written clearly in his eyes, but she knew they couldn't go any further that night—not with her period just beginning.

But as she looked at him now, standing so close to her, his frustration evident yet mingled with a tenderness she adored, she decided she wanted to tease him, to push him just a little. The idea formed in her mind, and a small, mischievous smile tugged at her lips.

Slowly, she took a step closer to him, her bare feet making almost no sound on the floor as she moved. Maanveer's eyes followed her every move, and she could see the way his body tensed, anticipating her next action. His hand reached out for her waist, but she gently pushed it away, making him pause in confusion.