|| CHAPTER 26 ||

The sprawling mansion of Maanveer Singh Rathore was abuzz with the usual activity of its high-profile occupants. The sprawling grounds were meticulously maintained, reflecting the grandeur of the Rathore legacy. Inside, however, a different kind of atmosphere prevailed—a more personal, intimate ambiance.

It had been a week since the dramatic events at Victoria State Hospital, where Ishani had stood her ground against Vikram Verma's unsettling proposal. Since then, life had resumed its rhythm, with Maanveer and Ishani continuing to balance their professional commitments with their personal lives. The week had been filled with its usual highs and lows, but there was a palpable shift in the air, especially as the weekend approached.

On this particular evening, the mansion was preparing for a special dinner. The grand hall was adorned with elegant decorations, and the aroma of gourmet dishes wafted through the air. Maanveer, dressed in a tailored black suit, was making last-minute adjustments to the arrangements. He was both excited and anxious, looking forward to a quiet evening with Ishani after a week of intense activity.

As the clock ticked closer to dinner time, Maanveer's eyes fell on Ishani, who had just entered the room. She was wearing a stunning black saree, a traditional garment that draped her figure with an elegant grace. The saree was accentuated by intricate silver embroidery along its borders, catching the light with every movement. The pallu of the saree was draped in a way that subtly revealed her exposed navel, a detail that Maanveer found impossibly alluring.

The sight of Ishani in that saree sent a shiver down Maanveer's spine. Her beauty was undeniable, but tonight, there was something almost hypnotic about her appearance. The exposed navel, accentuated by the saree's delicate fabric, seemed to beckon him in a way that stirred a deep, almost primal desire within him.

Maanveer felt a surge of heat as he watched her move gracefully through the room. His gaze was fixed on her midsection, the exposed skin igniting a fire that he struggled to control. The tension between them had been building up over the week, and now, seeing Ishani like this, he felt a powerful urge to claim her, to be with her in the most intimate way.

Unable to resist the magnetic pull of his desire, Maanveer's resolve crumbled. He crossed the room with determined steps, his eyes locked onto Ishani's. As he reached her, he gently but firmly took her hand, leading her towards the grand staircase that led to their private quarters.

Ishani looked at him with a mixture of curiosity and surprise. "Maanveer, what's the rush? Dinner is almost ready."

Maanveer's voice was low and intense, filled with an emotion that was both commanding and passionate. "Ishani, you look absolutely breathtaking. I need to be with you right now."

Before she could respond, he had lifted her into his arms with a strength and ease that belied his composed exterior. Ishani's surprised gasp was quickly muffled as he carried her up the staircase, his grip firm yet gentle. Each step they took seemed to echo the rhythm of his pounding heart.

They reached their bedroom, and Maanveer kicked the door open with a swift motion. The room was dimly lit, casting a warm glow over the plush furnishings and luxurious decor. Maanveer laid Ishani gently on the bed, his eyes never leaving hers. The intensity of his gaze spoke volumes, revealing the depth of his longing.

Ishani's heart raced as she looked up at him. The mixture of anticipation and trepidation was evident in her eyes. "Maanveer, please..."

But Maanveer's desire had overtaken him. He leaned down, his lips finding hers in a kiss that was both tender and fervent. His hands roamed over her saree, pushing the fabric aside to reveal more of her skin. His touch was electrifying, sending waves of sensation through Ishani's body.