CHAPTER 9

Tiffany's POV

"Lexie went in search of you when the school exploded" Ralph choked back his fresh tears as I stare at him muddled. His emotions now were not just because he's dead but their was dread in his eyes

"I...I take the full blame for everything that happened. I caused the explosion of the school, I swear I didn't mean to" he cried reaching for my hands but I cringed backwards

"What do you mean?" my eyes was glued to his as I asked. He seemed to have swallowed hard before answering me

"It was all my fault and I'm sorry, I was just so naive and afraid. My stepfather made me do it" he quivered and I gaped in shock. A wave of fear rised in my heart as the air became thick with tension

~FLASHBACK~

"So, are you hanging out with the boys today?" Mr Norman asked tenderly making Ralph to flinch in surprise

"Ye...Yes Father" Ralph stammered

"That's great then, you can go with my car since you won't be back early" Mr Norman suggested and Ralph gasped

"Really?" his eyes dilated with surprise

"Of course" Mr Norman smiled. Ralph drove Mr Norman's car to the party, celebrating with his classmates. School's resumption was the upper week and they had to come today and party.

Ralph never knew the car's brake was tampered, he only realized it when driving back home with his friends. He lost control of the brake and hit an old woman crossing the road.

Unison panic filled the car as the old woman was rushed to the hospital but unfortunately, she didn't survive it due to how weak she had become.

****

"Ralph you purposely killed someone and you have to be punished for that" Mr Norman went back to his evilly way of speaking

"But Father I didn't do it on purpose, please don't report me to the police. Your car's brake was already tampered when I drove it" Ralph fell to his feet sobbing

"My car was fine when I gave it to you" Mr Norman snapped in a hoarse voice and then he took in a deep breath trying to calm himself down.

"Well I might not report you to the police only if you do as I say" Mr Norman smirked and Ralph jerked up his face, baffled.

~END OF FLASHBACK~

"My stepfather turns out to be the brother of our Director, Mr Spencer. He tampered with his own car in order to implicate and use me to his own advantage" Ralph paused a bit to catch his breath, tears were already brimming in my eyes.

"Making Waves Academy belongs to their father and my stepfather being the eldest son should have inherited the school but he never deserved it so it was passed to Mr Spencer. That's how my stepfather grew hatred for his own brother and succeeded......"

"......he forced me to sneak in a bomb to school when we resumed and I had to wear it and look...., I ruined everything and everyone's lives. I have made so many parents childless, I can never forgive myself"

I pulled him into an embrace, he cried as I held him close, "It wasn't your fault" I pacified. After a while of staying like that, he eventually pulled away after calming down.

"That's why you don't belong here Tiffany. Only you and Lexie can get justice for the lives lost, I'm counting on you" he said looking straight into my soul.

I was shrouded with confused doubt, how on earth am I supposed to bring justice when I have no evidence at all? And also I can't leave, I want to remain here with Ralph

"No, I won't go anywhere...I can't....." my voice shrink with choking tears

"You have no choice Tiffany, none of the students deserved to die. None of us deserves untimely demise. Trace back your memory to the happy Making Waves Academy, joyful and cheerful students briskly around......."

"......you are the only one that can average for their deaths, everyone here is hoping against hope to be averaged for their deaths. You can't forsake them"

Tears cascaded down my face as he held my cheeks, "But who's going to be with you here? I can't just leave you all alone"

He smiled slightly before saying, "I'm not alone, life still continues here in the dead world. We still live our lives in shadow and darkness but it's all okay"

I hugged him again wailing like a wounded lioness, I never in my life thought it would come to this. I never dreamed that one day I will be saying goodbye forever to the only man I gave my heart to.

"I love you so much Tiffany" after he said that, my head throbs and I felt dizzy. I couldn't hold back my consciousness being drawn away from me. I fell to the ground, everything blacking out.

This life is sure unfair, why does the people that we love so much have to leave us? Ralph always complained to me that after his mother passed away, his stepfather have never ceased for one day to been very cruel to him.

Why does it have to end this way? Why this sudden style of saying goodbye? Yes, death is a natural parts of our lives but should it come unexpectedly? Should it just emerge from nowhere?

Why is it's arms so cold and unjust? But like the saying goes, "Evil doesn't last forever". I will stop at nothing to make sure Mr Norman pays!