Ouch

Carly had always seen the world through rose-colored glasses, her heart filled with love for Elijah, the boy who made her laugh and dream. She spent her days chatting with the toddlers at the nursery, pouring her affection into the little ones, unaware that someone she loved was secretly harboring resentment.
On a Friday night, while Carly was cozy at home planning her weekend, Elijah was at a local bar, seeking escape from the suffocating weight of his discontent. The dim lights and booming music enveloped him, but it was the thrill of rebellion that truly excited him. He had grown tired of Carly—her sweetness, her unwavering trust, and her constant optimism felt like chains he couldn't break free from.
As he sat at the bar, a captivating girl named Lily approached him, her laughter ringing like a siren song. Elijah found himself drawn to her, the excitement of the night washing away his frustrations. With every drink, the embers of his resentment flared brighter, and before long, he was leaning in, kissing Lily with a fervor that felt liberating.
Unbeknownst to Elijah, fate had other plans. Across the bar, Carly's work parents, Reece and Marjorie, were enjoying a rare night out, celebrating Marjorie's recent promotion. Their celebratory mood shifted when Reece's eyes landed on Elijah, his arm wrapped around the waist of a girl who was not Carly.
"Is that Elijah?" Marjorie asked, her voice tinged with disbelief. "What's he doing here?"
Reece squinted, his heart sinking as he took in the scene. "We need to confront him. Carly deserves to know the truth."
With determination, they made their way through the crowd, the weight of the impending confrontation heavy on their hearts. They approached Elijah, who was oblivious to their presence, lost in the thrill of his new connection.
"Hey, Elijah," Marjorie said, her voice steady but filled with concern and anger "Can we talk?"
Startled, Elijah turned, annoyance flashing across his face. "What's up?"
Reece stepped forward, his voice firm. "We saw you with her. You need to understand how this looks."
Elijah smirked, his bravado returning as he leaned back against the bar. "I know exactly how it looks. And honestly, I don't care."
"What do you mean you don't care?" Marjorie asked, her voice rising. "Carly loves you. She trusts you."
Elijah scoffed, the laughter in his eyes darkening. "Trust? She's so naive. I'm tired of her—tired of pretending. I didn't even want to be with her in the first place. This is just a bit of fun."
Reece's expression hardened, disappointment etched across his features. "You're playing with her heart. You need to tell her the truth."
"Why would I do that?" Elijah replied, his tone dismissive. "I'm done with her. I'm finally living for myself."
Marjorie shook her head, disbelief washing over her. "You need to think about what you're doing. Carly deserves better than this."
Elijah shrugged, unfazed. "Not my problem. Let her find out. I'm done caring."
With that, Reece and Marjorie exchanged glances, a mix of frustration and pity in their eyes. They turned to leave, knowing they wouldn't let this go unchallenged.
As they walked away, Elijah felt a sense of triumph swell within him. He had freed himself from the constraints of a relationship he never wanted, and the thrill of the night was intoxicating. He glanced back at Lily, who smiled at him, her eyes glimmering with excitement.
Meanwhile, Carly remained blissfully unaware, dreaming of the future she envisioned with Elijah. Little did she know that the man she loved was reveling in betrayal, ready to shatter the trust she held dear. The truth would soon come crashing down, and the world Carly had built around love and hope was about to unravel.