Chapter 3

"Dance with me," Ivy blurted out.

The smile Sabrina gave her was one of amusement, and she intertwined her fingers firmly with hers. "I thought you didn't know how to," she murmured.

"Did you not say you would teach me?"

Sabrina stared silently at her for a long pause, her blue eyes looking deeply into Ivy's brown ones, and then she pulled on her hand and said, "Follow me."

Practically pulling Ivy along with her, Sabrina walked down a hallway, up a staircase, and then turned a corner, walking up to a pair of French doors. Sabrina twisted the iron handle and pulled the door open, which opened to a small, secluded terrace that had potted plants and two chaise lounges.

"Where are we?" Ivy asked, looking around to get an idea of where in the house they were.

"Right above the main terrace that you saw before." Sabrina closed the doors behind them. "You can't hear the music coming from down there?"

Ivy could mostly hear the muffled words of a whole lot of people talking below, but as she listened closely, she could hear ceilings faintly playing. "Lizzy McAlpine," she said, smiling. She closed her eyes and hummed along to the song.

Sabrina reached a hand over and lightly touched Ivy's cheek, one finger trailing leisurely along her skin until it reached her jawline.

Ivy let her touch linger for a few moments, then she pulled away. She walked over to the edge of the balcony and placed her hands on the railing, staring out into the blackness of the night. After a few minutes, she abruptly turned around, her smile beaming.

"You must have had such a nice childhood," she began, "with having so many sisters."

"You know who I am," Sabrina stated.

Ivy nodded. "I didn't realize at first."

Sabrina walked over to the railing and leaned one of her hips against it, crossing her arms. "How did you figure it out?"

"It was your sister, actually. You two looked so alike—"

"Even with masks covering half of our faces?"

"Even with the masks," Ivy said with a playful smile.

"And do you know which sister I am?"

"Sabrina," Ivy responded. "You're the shortest of all your sisters."

"You little detective."

Ivy blushed. "It's not that secret of information. I'm sure everyone at this party knows."

Sabrina just watched her for a moment. "Okay—then what other 'information' do you know about me?" she asked, smiling slowly.

"Are you just looking for compliments?" Ivy questioned, returning her smile faintly. "Social media is filled with compliments about your family."

"Well, tell me anyway."

A surprised look came upon Ivy's face. "Do you really want to know?"

"Well, you won't tell me anything about you, so I would at least like to know what you know about me."

Ivy smiled and placed her pointer finger against her bottom lip in thought, which was endearing to Sabrina. "Hmm. I know from one of your sisters' tweets that one time you ripped one of her dolls' heads off."

"I still don't know how she figured out that I was the one who did that," Sabrina muttered.

Ivy laughed loudly at that.