six

Park Sunghoon's room was nothing short of opulent. The high ceilings, rich wood paneling, and plush furnishings screamed luxury. He had a whole floor to himself, something only a handful of elite students in Daeseung Academy could boast.

His dorm suite was more akin to a high-end apartment than anything a student would usually have. The sitting area by the window was filled with soft leather chairs and a velvet chaise, while the walls were lined with bookshelves and framed artwork.

His private bathroom had marble floors, and his room was always kept immaculately clean by the academy staff.

Sunghoon sat by the large, arched window, his legs stretched out as he leaned back in the leather chair, eyes fixed on the courtyard below.

Grom his lofty view, he could see the sprawling gardens, and most importantly, the figure of Hana walking alongside Jay and Jungwon. They moved with purpose, their faces serious.

Sunghoon's chest tightened as he watched her. She was always in motion, never stopping, never resting.

Jake stepped into the room, taking in the extravagant surroundings before his gaze followed Sunghoon's to the window. His eyes landed on Hana, Jay, and Jungwon walking through the courtyard.

"She’s moving again, isn’t she?" Jake asked, sitting down on the edge of the chaise. "She’s really going through with it."

Sunghoon didn’t reply immediately. His eyes remained glued to Hana. The sunlight highlighted the soft waves of her hair, and even from this distance, he could see the determination etched on her face.

She was always like that—focused, unstoppable, driven by a force no one could ever understand.

Jake's eyes flickered to the nightstand where several framed photos of Sunghoon and Hana sat. They were old, from when they were still together, their smiles bright and carefree.

Sunghoon had never taken them down, never replaced them. Even after all the hurt, he couldn’t bring himself to remove those memories.

"You never got rid of those," Jake said softly, glancing at Sunghoon. "Still hoping?"

Sunghoon sighed, leaning back further in his chair. "It’s not about hope anymore. It’s about the fact that... I can’t let go. We had something real. I don’t know if she’ll ever come back around, but... I can’t erase her. Not like that."

His voice was steady, but there was a deep sadness beneath the calm exterior.

Jake didn’t press further. Instead, he decided to shift the conversation. "I’ve been hearing rumors," he said, breaking the silence. "Rumors that Hana’s trying to solve Hwan’s murder. It’s getting serious, Sunghoon. People are starting to talk in the inner circles."

Sunghoon rubbed his temples, the weight of everything pressing down on him. "Of course, she is," he murmured, half to himself. "She’s stubborn. She won’t let it go." He paused, staring at the picture frame on his nightstand again. "She loved him, Jake. More than anything. More than herself."

Jake tilted his head, studying his friend. "Do you think she can handle it? All this digging into what happened? If there’s more to it than meets the eye, she could be walking into something dangerous."

Sunghoon’s lips curved into a small, bitter smile. "Hana’s strong. She’s always been strong. But that doesn’t mean this isn’t breaking her. Losing Hwan…" His voice caught for a second, and he quickly composed himself. "He wasn’t just any brother. He was her twin. It’s not the same as losing a sibling. Twins... they’re connected in a way the rest of us can’t understand. Losing him is tearing her apart, even if she won’t admit it."