seven

Jay's dorm was a fortress of opulence, its walls lined with rich mahogany and its floors adorned with plush carpets. The luxurious ambiance, however, offered little solace as he and Hana stood in the quiet, dimly lit room, the tension from their recent encounter still palpable.

Jay had swiftly dealt with the two masked men, sending them to a secluded part of the school where his most trusted aides were waiting. It was there that they would be interrogated.

Hana paced the room, the weight of their findings pressing heavily on her shoulders. Jay had managed to extract some information before the men clammed up, but what he’d learned was unsettling.

The men had only given one clear message: Hana’s investigation was dangerously close to uncovering something that would put her life at risk.

"She’ll die if she keeps prying into things she shouldn’t touch on," one of the men had warned, his voice laced with fear.

As Jay mulled over the implications, a sudden knock at the door interrupted his thoughts. He opened it to find Heeseung standing there, an inscrutable look on his face.

"Heeseung," Jay greeted, trying to mask his surprise. "What brings you here?"

"I heard what happened," Heeseung said, stepping inside with a determined look. "I came to offer my help. Hana and I have a lot to discuss."

Jay nodded, stepping aside to let Heeseung in. He led him to the main room where Hana and Jungwon were waiting. Jungwon looked visibly relieved to see Heeseung, while Hana's gaze was fixed on Jay, her expression a mix of worry and curiosity.

"Heeseung has some valuable contacts," Jay explained, settling into a chair. "He’s here to provide us with some confidential information that might help us piece things together."

Heeseung took a seat and pulled out a neatly bound folder from his bag, placing it gently on the table. "I’ve secured a source who has access to confidential reports. This should give us more insight into the ongoing cover-up."

Hana’s eyes widened with hope. She took the folder and carefully opened it, scanning through the documents. Her heart raced as she came across a report that detailed tampering with evidence surrounding Hwan’s death.

There were mentions of altered timelines and missing pieces of evidence that could have pointed to a different conclusion.

"This," Hana said, her voice trembling with a mix of fear and determination, "could be the key to understanding what really happened."

Jay watched Hana closely, his expression inscrutable. "Be careful, Hana. This investigation is turning dangerous. We don’t know who else is involved or how far they’ll go to protect their secrets."

Heeseung leaned in, his tone serious. "Jay’s right. We need to be cautious. There are powerful people at play here, and they won’t hesitate to silence anyone who gets too close."

The room fell into a tense silence as Hana absorbed the gravity of their situation. She clenched the report tightly, her resolve hardening.

"Thank you, Heeseung," she said, her voice steady. "This means a lot. With this, we might finally get the answers we need."

Heeseung offered a reassuring smile. "We’ll find the truth, Hana. And we’ll make sure Hwan’s memory gets the justice it deserves."

As the group settled into their plan, the shadows of deceit and danger loomed ever larger. Jay’s warning and the new evidence signaled that their quest for truth would only get more perilous.

The walls of the academy, once a symbol of prestige, now seemed to close in with secrets and threats lurking behind every corner.

Hana glanced up from the documents, her eyes narrowing with curiosity. “Heeseung, why are you so willing to help? Do you have a connection to Hwan?”