Moonless Nights

As soon as my eyes open, the over head light was burning my eyes. I glance to my side with burning eyes. At the same time as my eyes are still burning— Gemma's scream fills the air around us. It isn't a scream of terror squealing from her lips but a scream of shock as I scared her soul out of her body.

"Lucian!" She whispers after her screams have died down. I can't speak with the tube in my mouth. So, I nod my head in her direction. I glance up at Gi and see him rubbing his eyes— like he just seen a ghost, or a miracle. I scan the room around me and Juls is the one with tears in his eyes. His unshed tears causes my eyes to become misty and twitch.

Fucking asshole is going to make me cry.

Through all their shocks and mouths opening and closing like fish out of water, the doctor begins to pull the tube out my throat. As soon as that tube is out I open my mouth and speak for the first in a long time.

"Fix your face or flies will land in your mouth."

"And he's back." Max grumbles out after his shock of a lifetime.

"If everything goes well tonight by tomorrow he'll be able to go home." My doctor states.

Don't let anything else happen.

Waking up to no noise for once is refreshing

Waking up to no noise for once is refreshing. I didn't have to hear beeping in my sleep, I didn't hear it when I woke up. Glancing around the room, I see my family sprawled out in awkward sleeping positions. Next to me on my bed is Gemma. Dad is sleeping in the chair that Gemma occupied yesterday. Renzo is sleeping in the doctor's rolling chair with his back propped against the wall. Val and Niko are sleeping in the two guest pull out bed chairs. The awkward sleeping positions is about to be explained in the next two seconds. I have two thirds of the triplets laying down at the side of my bed. Leo has his leg foot into Vinny's ribs while Vinny boy has his knee into Leo's chest. It gets crazier when I look over at Gi, Max, and Alonzo. You got Gi's socked toe almost shoved up Max's nose. Max's foot is resting on Gi's forehead while Alonzo is nesting perfectly across both of our brothers. Matt and Juls are dead to the world. Both slumped over on top of one another. Matt's head is on Juls back while Juls head is nested in Matt's legs. Lucas and Alex are back to back sleeping.

I don't remember seeing them yesterday when I woke up from my long slumber.

All I want to do is laugh however I am going to be the nice brother today and let them all sleep. The looks of everyone yesterday made me realize, they hadn't slept properly in a long time. They need this rest before our house becomes chaotic again.

The door springs open and the lights turn on immediately. The room fills with a bunch of groans and cursing.

"Sorry to wake you but Lucian here can finally go home. Take it easy, no rough housing, no lifting, no extensive movements, don't walk for too long—" and just like that I zoned out my doctor's instructions.

The ride home was quiet because we all sort of fell asleep except Dad, Ren, Matt, Juls, and Val. Well, I'm positive the others fell asleep but I know in the vehicle I was in, we all was asleep.

"Remember Cian, don't move too much— doctor's orders." Matt calls out as I start to climb the stairs.

"I'm just going to the library for some quiet time!" I call out from the top of the stairs. I maneuver through the hall slow and easy. I walk into my small personal library and pull out a Leonardo Da Vinci book. Before I can make it to page 23 my eyes become heavy and before I know it, I'm asleep once again.

The door opening slowly has my sleep interrupted

The door opening slowly has my sleep interrupted. By the time I fully open my eyes, I can see a curly haired minion bouncing out the door.

Gemma.

I rub my eyes and see a small leather object sitting beside the original book I was reading.

My journal?

Gemma you sly fox.

I quickly open it because I know Gemma, she's written in her somewhere. I flip through and stop at her handwriting.

"Dear Lucian,

Hey Bubs, I stole your journal again. This time I didn't invade your personal space too much. I mean I'm writing in it but I didn't read any of your new entries. I'm counting down the days until you wake up. The number of days you been here but not really here has increased and I can't stop it. I want to tell you how much you mean to me. And hopefully when you wake up, I can show you just that. You say 'For the world, you're just a single person but to me, you are my lifeline.'  Here is my quote to you. 'Having siblings is like making music, some high notes, some low notes, and some irritation in between.' I might be your lifeline but you, Lucian happen to the my guide through a moonless night. That light that shines bright that it guides me through the dark. When there's no moon in the sky, you're always there to share your light to help brighten even the darkest of nights. I love all our brothers the same. Each one has a saying from me. But, you will always be the brother I run to. So I need you to wake up and be my light again through the darkest of nights. Please?

P.S.
Papa has us homeschooled and you're passing because of my awesome brain cells. You're welcome.

Love always and forever more,
Your Gemstone <3"

I flip the pages over and see she only had written that one passage. I place my journal in its proper spot and walk out the library. As I walk through the house her words keep playing in my head.

When there's no moon in the sky, you're always there to share your light to help brighten even the darkest of nights.

And just like that all the demons in my head have gone quiet once again.