27

"Mi done realize,
seh Dem wah fi tek mi points,
But Jah Jah; protect mi life.
Aright, people fuck up,
Mankind doh easy,
No feelings,
No love,
Haart well evil,
It deep Ina grudge."
-Silkboss

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

My mom and I arrived at the candle night alone, since my dad went to another community to visit one of his cousins before he stops by.

The rain was drizzling, and I had hoped they didn't bother keeping the candle light but I was wrong.
The rain stopped drizzling and they lit about a million candles. I'm sure it's more than a hundred.

A few people were there earlier and I tried to fit in, by standing by myself of course. I didn't want to be present. The only privileged I had was free wifi and people stareing at me.

I went into the room and stayed at the backroom for about an hour, scrolling through ticktock and taking pictures on Snapchat.

A few men would come and talk to me now and then because the back room door was open and people was up and about passing by.

Then I saw her. She came and placed her back down next to me and I kept my emotions in check.

She nuh ugly ino

She just full a har self and dats why mi stay weh from people

Mi a beg God nuh mek she fuck up tonight caz mi walk wid e Gun

For a while I became solo in the room and that was fine. A guy offered me a drink but I refused.

About an hour passed, one of my G's stops by. I had called him earlier asking him if he was coming, he stated that he didn't plan to but he showed up.

"Anna," He greeted me. He has light-ish complexion, not black not brown. I think he's even toning his skin, I haven't seen him in a while.

He was once Smitten with me. Maybe he still is, because until this day, even after his phone got ruined and he fixed it, he has me as his wallpaper. I wouldn't want to say obsessed but it got near to that once due to his jealousy.

He normally calls me and check up on me; especially when I was at Tk's house in Montego bay, which was a long way since my original residence is  Manchester. When I didn't have money to start off myself for a job; In the past, I would borrow from him and pay him back.

I have done nothing except be myself for him to be like this. We have never kissed, and we never been intimate. Infact, I've only hugged him a few times in my life, especially when he asked for a hug. Am not really the huggy type when it comes on to men, especially when I know they like me.
My name got my mixed with him in the past and I let it slide. I let every stumbling blocks slide, but I still let him know that am 'preying' him. I let him know where he stands and remains cool, we discuss things and I must say he trusts me to a level. Certain things he shows me will remain hidden due to my loyalty.

He dressed casually in a blue cut jeans, nike, and plaid shirt. His big brown  eyes fits his face perfectly.

I watched his eyes scanned my body and I smiled at him.