New Relations

Tuesday September 10th 2024…

Recently me and Christopher.C have been talking. Over Snapchat of course.
We would talk and start sharing stories, our drama, our feelings and perspectives about certain things in life and our fun hobbies.
You could say we’ve formed a friendship.
However I noticed that something was off about Christopher.C…
I’ve been looking over our conversations, scrolling through our text messages, how we joke and laugh and tell our origins and then it hits me.

I remember on Sunday while I was out to get a new dress at the mall, I tried it on and took four pictures and showed him the new dress. I never thought much of it, but he sure did.
He sent me a photo in return, his jaw dropped in awe, and he looked flabbergasted and totally out of it.
The way he looks at the photo, tells me on the spot that he developed some sort of a crush.
Oh god, I cannot keep up.

I remember talking to him and how I wanted to go to the movies or go flower picking, and I told him my favorite flower. It was a sunflower, of course I thought nothing of it, until I replayed the snap and heard him say; “Ah, i see what you did there. Smooth, smooth. I’ll give you that.”
And with a hint of a smile played on his lips.
I was getting myself into trouble, and I knew what hole I was about to dig for myself. My friends suggested that I rest for a little while, but how could I rest now? I haven’t had rest in years. And 5th grade was the start of that.
…Until he brought up homecoming.
Fuck, i almost forgot, i still haven’t had a person to go with, not even a friend.

“I just realized I haven't gotten a homecoming date yet.”
…And I volunteered.
God, Bree. You’re stupid, but at least you’re building new experiences.
I had asked him out to homecoming first before he did, making my move two steps ahead. He wasn’t too prideful of me doing it before him since he declared it as ‘His Job’ to ask me out first instead.
It was nothing serious, surely we were going as friends, right?
That was my intention afterall. Just get the tickets, walk in, party and then hog most of the food that they’re handing out. That was my initial plan. Just taking him as a friend.

But what if he doesn't take it that way? What if this goes beyond more than I intended? After all, he was already talking about hanging out with me and mentioning that he’d pick a handful of those sunflowers from the sidewalk for me too.
This was all moving too fast.
But then again life moves too fast on its own, so why should I have to wait?
Even if he does like me, I'd still have to play the clueless card and see where that takes me. Just as long as he doesn't know what I know, then I should be safe to develop a friendship.
—------------------------------------------------------------

Lunch.
Autumn and Rain had both told me they moved locations during lunch yesterday while I was in ISS.
Autumn had told me that we switched locations so that my old friend, Emily, wouldn’t be sitting alone. And here I was, thinking that this would be another EX problem.
Good thing that it wasn’t.

I sat there, at the round table and with all four of us sitting down together. I had zoned out while we ate, but that was until Autumn brought up a topic.

“Bree, I'm pretty sure Christopher has a crush on you.”
I rolled my eyes playfully.
“Oh do tell. You think I haven't noticed that?”
Autumn giggled.
“Well as long as you’re aware. I’m just surprised at the fact you’ve talked to two separate guys in one month.”
She smiled, amused before Emily, a brown skinned girl with dark brown wavy hair spoke up.

“Seriously, Bree has made more progress than I have.” Emily sounded flabbergasted and all I could do was smile.
“Oh i don’t know, what i wanna know is why this is happening all at once, i guess i’ll never know.”

I saw Rain shake her head, equally as surprised.
“Jesus…”
Autumn then handed me her half-sandwich and i looked at it for a moment before I looked up at her, puzzled and i raised an eyebrow.
“Are you trying to offer me your sandwich?”

“Yeah? Why? Do you not want it?” Autumn questioned and i just snatched the sandwich instead.
“Gimme that.”
I then shoved half of the entire thing into my mouth, unhinging my jaw and then biting into it, and now there was less than half of a sandwich in my hand that i held as i chewed and savored the wonderful taste of that soft and cold sandwich, letting the flavors melt on my tongue. I gave a moan of satisfaction.
“Mmm.. Mhm.”

Autumn just busted laughing after I ate, she was both amused and surprised at my passive aggressive manner towards food.
Emily just whipped her head around to look at Autumn who was still laughing, She looked very puzzled and concerned.
“What? What’s so funny?”
She questioned and Autumn had calmed down her giggles.

“Nothing, she just shoved the majority of that down her throat.”
Emily just shrugged and went back to doing something on her phone, unamused.
“Bree, you’re nuts.”
Autumn commented with a smile and I rolled my eyes as I continued to eat.
“Oh whatever, you’re the one who handed me that sandwich, I can't resist the flavory temptations.
—-------
Lunch had then ended after we got called row by row, Autumn, Rain and I had got up to go to our classes, and we watched as Rain went her separate way.
“See you later, girls!”
Rain called out and waved to us over her shoulder as we strayed from her.
“Bye Rain!” Both me and Autumn called out.
And once we were finally alone and walking with just ourselves, I noticed that Autumn's mood had gone down quite a bit.
“Hey Autumn. Are you okay?” I asked and she just scoffed with irritation.
“Ugh, my mom is going to be checking my grades and I have a 66 in world History, only because that one damn assignment won’t turn itself in, online. I’m going to have a talk about it with her when I get home.”
I frowned at her before I put a comforting hand on her shoulder.
“Hey, hey. It’s okay, I'm sure you’ll be able to correct it. Be courageous, be Courteous.” I smiled and joked with her in a playful tone. 

She just smiled and rolled her eyes.
“Yeah, yeah, I know.”
“I just wished that they did more homework on paper more.
She complained and I agreed.
“Yeah, me too.”
—-----------------------------------------------------
English class.