New relations (2)

Lunch came around and I went over to my friend group at the round table. Autumn was sitting next to me, Emily was sitting next to Autumn, and Rain was sitting on my right-hand side. Struggling with her math homework for pre-calculus.

I had sat down and opened my laptop, getting comfortable and forgetting that it was Wednesday today and that ice-cream was available today. Rain groaned in frustration and I looked over at her, raising an eyebrow at her and speaking with mild concern.

“Hey, Rain, what’s up?” I asked and she ran her hands through her short jet-black hair, still eyeing her homework.

“Ugh, it’s this fucking homework I have to do, I mean seriously! Look at this shit, who gives this to a child?!” She exclaimed and I gave her the most surprised look. Who the hell decided pre-calculus was a good idea? Nobody sane of course.

“Jesus… I feel sorry for you. Here, take some of my friendship magic to help you feel better.” I would lift my hands and wiggle my fingers at her playfully, hoping my good luck charm can get to her, she was going to need it.
That was until Autumn spoke up.
“Hey, do you guys want to go get some ice-cream?” She offered and I quickly sat up from my chair, looking down at the 20$ bill in her hands, and hesitating to speak up.
“Is… Is that going to cover for all four of us?”

I asked sheepishly and Autumn nodded.
“Now come on, let’s go!”

She dragged us along, Rain and Autumn walked together whilst Emily walked beside me, making sure not to leave her behind.
Once we headed outside, Emily split herself from me and Autumn joined me instead. Grabbing onto my hand and we begun to walk side by side together. I would swing our intertwined hands about, acting all childish before she brought up a funny topic.

“Do you want to know what’s really crazy?” Autumn asked and I looked at her curiously.

“What?”

“People used to think I was lesbian.” I snickered. “Really? Why do you think so?”
Autumn giggled, walking inside the Bistro with me as she continued to talk.
“Because I was always clingy towards my girlfriends and I always kicked my guy friends, so people just assumed. I mean… Close enough, I’m bisexual.”
I playfully rolled my eyes. “Well, at least they got half of it right.” However, before I could think of anything else to say, I noticed there was a girl, 7ft ahead of us in the ice-cream line, giving me the eagle stare and a cracked smile. She looked like she was either plotting something against me or purposely trying to scare the shit out of me. She had green eyes, fair skin and dirty blonde hair.
And before I knew it, she snuck up to my group and hugged Autumn with all her might, nearly knocking the poor girl over.
--
“Heyo!” She greeted and Autumn laughed. “Oh hey!” Autumn would greet back. And what threw me off was that Emily and Rain also knew her. “Hello Evelyn!” Emily greeted and then Rain greeted. “Oh hi, Evelyn!” I just looked on, standing in the middle of this, looking very confused and out of place. All three of my friends knew her and I was the only one who didn’t. That was until Rain introduced me to her.
--
“So, Evelyn, this is your new sibling, Bree. Bree, meet Evelyn.” She gestured me to her with her hand and I blinked awkwardly and looked at her in the eyes. It was… Intense, to say the least. I awkwardly waved to her with a shy smile.

“Oh hey! We both have the same eye color.” Evelyn exclaimed and I looked away sheepishly.
She did have green eyes, but they were far lighter in color compared to mine, mine was more forest green, and hers was early spring leaf color, a mixture between yellow and an eye straining green.
Autumn then piped up in on the conversation with equal excitement.

“Oh! You’re so right! Both of you do!” She smiled. I wasn’t too happy about that, her eyes belonged to more of a deranged child on sugar packets, and mine was more of an aesthetic deep green. Same eye color, just different shades.
With different personalities in their own default.

“Well, I guess I’m related now.” I shrugged. And before I could have another say, we were next in line. I stood face-to-face with a ginger man selling ice-cream next to a blonde woman. He was FAR from a pretty boy; he looked like his life was in shambles and he was being forced to serve treats without getting treats himself.

Autumn then spoke up. “I’m paying for all of us.” And he just nodded, so I decided to speak up.
“Hey, I’ll just take vanilla ice-cream with a waffle cone please.”

“Gotchu.” He said before he scooped me up a delicious looking scoop and handed it to me. I smile and instantly took it into my hand and gave a lick.
My other friend, Rain, got the same one as me, and so did Emily. Right before Rain turned around and laughed at Autumn getting herself chocolate instead of vanilla.

“Hahaha! I like how we’re all getting vanilla and then you just get chocolate.” Rain teased and Autumn looked over her shoulder with a sheepish smile.
“What?? I like chocolate.” She tried saving face.
“Yeah, I can tell.”

I then looked at Rains scoop of ice cream and I smirked.
“Speaking of… Seems like your scoop got itself a pompadour.” I smiled down at Rains ice cream scoop and she just busted out laughing.

“You’re right!” She said with a roar of laughter, and I then looked at Emily’s scoop and smirked, knowing both my friends had bizarre ice cream scoops. And Emily noticed my staring, and spoke up for herself.
“Hey! Mine has a low ponytail.” She exclaimed and I nodded in approval.
“Good call.”