The abandoned village

(VOLUME N°1 : The keys of Fate )

In the quietude of a cold rainy night, a village rests beneath a canopy of stars, seemingly frozen in time.

Thatched cottages with walls of rough-hewn stone stand in perfect order, their chimneys releasing wisps of smoke into the still air.

The cobblestone streets wind through the village, flanked by darkened doorways and shuttered windows.

Soft moonlight casts a silvery glow on the slumbering landscape.

Yet, an eerie calm prevails, for not a single soul stirs within the dwellings. The hearths lie dormant, and the absence of life is palpable.

Shadows play tricks in the moonlit corners, but the village remains undisturbed, caught in a nocturnal limbo that lends an otherworldly hush to the otherwise normal scene.

A legion of 100 black-clad samurai, donned in sleek armour adorned with obsidian hues, strides purposefully through the pouring rain.

Each warrior moves with precision, their steps synchronized, creating an imposing and disciplined spectacle amid the rhythmic patter of raindrops. The sound of clinking armour harmonizes with the gentle percussion of the falling rain as the formidable force advances.

Unannounced to them, a shadowy figure follows their very movements on the rooftops , wondering what to do with his guests.  This is the first time in years that  anyone besides him had entered the village,  let alone an entire army. Indeed, his last encounter with a military force was not pleasant but this wasn't the same army , these soldiers are different.

They entered into the quiet houses , one by one opening everything that could be opened,  searching for hidden locks ,doors as thought they are looking for someone 's lost key . Aren't they here to steal ? What are they searching for ?

The others searched outside without a single inch not checked . After hours of looking for a tree in a desert , all wet from the rain, the men started to give up in their search until a scream of two soldiers not so far away broke the silence.  When the aid arrived,  all they found was two bodies hanging from their legs from a rooftop by a white-green string which was as thick as a rope ,glowing faintly in the darkness of the night.

"What you're looking at?!"yelled one of the hanging bodies."Get me off, There 's somebody here !" Then, from the part which the string was tilled to , a bizarre looking figure appears. "Please leave , there is nothing here for you..." said a soft male voice politely.

Most witnesses of the scene trambled back in fear and shock. Then,what appeared as their cheif passed through the disturbed crowd .
He looked up to the imposing threat .
In imposing black armour adorned with striking red patterns, the samurai bears a regal presence.

His face is one of a elder warrior that bears the weathered marks of countless battles, etched in a tapestry of scars that crisscross his weather-beaten skin like ancient runes.

His steely gaze, framed by furrowed brows and piercing eyes, reflects a lifetime of hardships and victories. Strands of grey hair, like silver threads. A majestic red phoenix emblazoned on his chest symbolizes  fiery determination in the heat of battle. 

" So the rumours are true..."He murmured in a quiet tone . Suddenly,  all men started to line up into two lines opposite of each other. Then, one by one, they bowed on both their knees to give space for whom was coming . The cheif  also bowed as soon as he realised his comrades 's doings . Yet he did not participate in the  lineup . The important person finally showed up marching slowly,  showing his prestige and confidence. Anybody could just take a glance at him to realise :he is no ordinary general.