Chapter 4 Sappy leaves Neverland

"What do you mean he wants to get rid of me?" asked Sappy "Do you know something that I don't Peter? If so then tell me what it is?" Peter looks at Sappy "I just have a feeling Sappy I haven't fully processed on why he has joined the pirates of Neverland." I look at Peter like he was crazy but from the look on his face I realize that Brady is up to no good. Skyler puts his arms around me protectively. "Does Brady want to kill me?" Sappy asks. 

"I'm not sure, he probably wants you to leave Neverland," said Peter "but Sappy if you do leave will you promise me that you will always remain young and tell stories to the children of Edinburgh?" 

"I will do what I can Peter, and if Hook comes after me again, I will be certain to come to you again," said Sappy "if I get kidnapped again." Skyler looks grim as Peter puts his hand on my shoulder "You are always welcome here in Neverland Sappy, please come visit us again," said Peter. Sappy nods and smiles back at Peter.

"Alright, that's enough chit chat," said Hawkins "we've got to get these two back to the mainland before the pirates strike again." The boys look at each other and they plead for Sappy to stay. She looks at the boys and she smiles. "I'll be back boys, it's just not safe for me to be here in Neverland at the moment. Tinkerbell flutters in and starts jingling before Peter protests. Skyler nods with approval. "It's about we went home Sappy, we'll come back another time," said Skyler. Hawkins smiles as Skyler goes over to Sappy's side. "It's probably best that she leaves Neverland anyway," said Hawkins "I enjoyed her stories." 

Tinkerbell sprinkles pixie dust on Sappy and Skyler as Peter escorts them reluctantly out of Neverland. Hook spots the three friends and whistles to Smee. "Our cabin girl emerges and it looks like she's flying home with Peter," said Hook. Hawkeye and Brady arrive at the ship and they look like they had been outsmarted by Peter, Hawkins and Skyler.  "I tried Captain, Peter wouldn't let me take her and now he's flying her back home," complained Brady. 

"You just gave us a chance at capturing her without Peter's consent, let's follow them and see where they're going," said Hook. "you were brilliant out there Brady. You got Peter Pan to emerge with his friends." 

Sappy and Skyler land safely at their home, "Thank you for everything Peter, will you send me a message when it's safe to come back to Neverland?" 

"Of course I'll let you know," said Peter, "I can take on that old codfish any day." Sappy takes his hand "You'll always be my temporary boyfriend Peter," said Sappy "you know that right?" Peter takes Sappy's hand "Come back to Neverland Sappy, you're always welcome to tell the lost boys stories," said Peter. Sappy smiles at Peter, her eyes dazzling in the moonlight. "Of course I'll come back Peter," said Sappy "I just hope I don't get captured by pirates again." 

Peter leans in "Even if they do capture you again, you can always come get me and I'll put them in their place," said Peter. Skyler starts to feel jealous of Sappy and Peter again. Tinkerbell chimes in Peter's ear telling him it's time to go. "I'll see you guys later," calls Peter "you're always welcome in Neverland." 

Sappy and Skyler walk back to their door the fairies in Sappy's garden chime to each other. "What do you think about me being with Peter Skyler," asked Sappy "do you have feelings for me?" 

Skyler looks at Sappy with a little smirk "Of course I have feelings for you but only as a friend," said Skyler "there's nothing going on between you and Peter right?" 

Sappy wraps her arms around Skyler's neck "Peter and I are just friends," said Sappy "it's only temporary between us."  Skyler smiles and wraps his arms around Sappy's waist "Good, and it should remain that way." 

Sappy and Skyler head up the stairs to their bedroom look at the second star to the right hoping they can see their friends again. Sappy goes to sleep in Skyler's arms but her heart calls out to Peter Pan.

To be continued ...