Chapter 60 The Light

Jane shuddered and felt the pain again. She wished it could just leave her be. It rose like a thunder storm and descended upon her body like torrent of rain. Like an angry fester it burned her deep and plagued with hurt. She wanted to cry out to scream but her lips felt like they were glued together. She felt like she was meant to suffer and to not be not heard through her ordeal. It shook her body and tore through her very soul like a knife that was heated on the hottest fire. With every plunge it made she felt her body quiver. She felt her wolf trying to break free but how could she. She fought an inner battle. She wanted to be free, to be able to run and let the pain go but she also yearned to be human, the very way she had been since she was born.

            The pain tore through her again. Her wolf fought to get out yet she rallied. There was an instant when she let herself go and her wolf took over but she did not get the comfort that she sought. Her wolf it seemed was as powerless as her human body but yet it fought to get out. She let it out for one moment and then she felt it quiver and her human took over. She was on the verge of giving up, giving up to the pain that threatened to drag her down to the depts. But from somewhere her wolf came alive. It did not want to give up it wanted to live. It did not want to die without its mate. They were a pair and they must be kept that way. She heard the cries of her wolf and her body echoed its thought.

            She wanted to go to the light that hovered above her but her wolf clung to her. It pulled her back and held her in a vice. The pain seemed to grow as she hung there suspended like a dew drop on a spider web. Her wolf cried and tried to make her remember everything that she had to live for. Instantly images of her father, of Ms. Daisy, of Jenna framed her mind. Her heart shook. She wanted to hold on to their images forever. Another image appeared. This one shivered and then Jason came up. Even in her thoughts she could feel her body tense. He wanted to see him, to hold his hand and let him walk with her but it seemed too much, the pain was too great, her wolf faltered for a second and she felt herself rise. The light before her shimmered before her. The pain died when she looked at it. She smiled and lifted her hands. They became alive. She felt herself lurch into the air and the pain disappeared. “Yes,” she thought, “This is what she wanted; the pain was gone now only a sliver crept up her spine as she made her way to the light.