Part 5 Busy in their own world

Next day, Kanishka went on to meet Investors.

Kanishka's Conversation with Investors:

Kanishka entered the sleek, glass-walled office of the investors with an air of confidence. Her mind was buzzing with ideas, ready to pitch her unique branding strategy for the fashion accessories startup. As she sat across from the panel of seasoned investors, she began speaking with her usual mix of energy and conviction.

"Good afternoon, everyone. I’ve been working tirelessly to develop a branding strategy that will not only stand out but create lasting impressions. My vision is to blend tradition with modernity, combining a nostalgic appeal with contemporary aesthetics."

The lead investor nodded, leaning forward. "Can you elaborate on how you plan to achieve that? We've seen many ideas come and go, but few manage to sustain momentum."

Kanishka smiled confidently. "Absolutely. My approach is centered on storytelling. People don't just want to buy a product; they want to feel connected to it. That's why I'm focusing on creating narratives around our fashion accessories—stories that are relatable and memorable. For example, imagine a campaign around the concept of 'Timeless Elegance,' with each accessory linked to a specific era or significant moment in life. It becomes more than just a bracelet or a scarf; it’s a token of memory."

Another investor raised an eyebrow. "Interesting. But how would you implement that? What's your tactical plan?"

Kanishka leaned forward, excited to share her vision. "One-liners. Strong, punchy one-liners that resonate. Something like, ‘Wear the Moment,’ or ‘Style That Speaks.’ We target key influencers, but not just celebrities—people who represent real life, those with inspiring stories. We’ll also run targeted digital ads that give customers the chance to share their own stories with the product. It’s about making them feel like they are part of something bigger."

The room fell silent for a moment, as the investors absorbed her pitch. Then the lead investor smiled. "I have to admit, this is one of the freshest takes we've heard in a while. Let’s discuss the financials and timelines."

Kanishka smiled back, feeling the momentum shift in her favor. She continued speaking about the project. After the presentation was over, she headed towards the cafe to recharge herself and made an appointment tomorrow to discuss the project further in details.

---

Virat’s Ride Through the City:

As Virat sped through the familiar streets on his bike, the wind whipping against his face, a deep sense of nostalgia washed over him. The once familiar playground of his youth was now unrecognizable, replaced by high-rises and glitzy shops. The hideout where he and his friends used to sneak off after school—gone. Even the small stationary shop where he used to buy pens and notebooks had been replaced by a showroom selling designer clothes.

He pulled up outside a small shop, his heart catching in his throat when he saw the sign: “Ramesh Sweets.” For a moment, he was a child again, sneaking jalebis after school, the sweet, sticky syrup clinging to his fingers. He called out, “Ramesh Kaka!” with a hopeful grin.

But instead of the familiar, wrinkled face, a young boy appeared at the counter. “Ramesh Kaka isn’t here anymore,” the boy said softly, his eyes lowering. “He passed away a few months ago. I’m his son.”

Virat felt a lump in his throat. "I'm sorry... I didn’t know." He paused, looking at the sweet shop that still smelled faintly of his childhood. “Can I have some jalebis?”

The boy smiled and handed him a plate. As Virat bit into the crispy, syrupy treat, he felt a wave of memories rush back. It wasn’t just a sweet; it was a moment in time, a connection to a part of him that felt distant now.

"Thank you," he said quietly, handing the boy the money and turning to leave. Before he mounted his bike, he whispered, "Things have changed so much."

As he drove away, his phone buzzed in his pocket. It was Niyati, his sister. He answered it with a smile.

“Virat, where are you?” Niyati’s voice rang with excitement. “Come home! It’s been ages since we all sat together.”

Virat smiled softly, slowing his bike as he thought of home. “I will, Niyati Di. Tomorrow. It’s a bit late today. You know Maa will scold me if I get there after dark.”

Niyati laughed. “You’re still scared of Maa’s scolding?”

"Terrified," Virat chuckled, but his tone grew thoughtful. “The city’s changed a lot, Niyati Di. Everything I knew growing up is gone, replaced by something new. Even Ramesh Kaka... he's not here anymore.”

There was a pause on the other end. Niyati's voice softened. “Time does that, Virat. We grow, and so does everything around us. But that doesn’t mean we lose what we had. You still have the memories. And us.”

Virat nodded, even though she couldn’t see him. "Yeah, you're right. I’ll see you tomorrow. And get the kachoris ready.”

“Always about food with you!” Niyati teased, and they both laughed.

As Virat hung up, he felt a strange mix of emotions—sadness, joy, and a yearning for the simplicity of the past. The city had changed, but maybe, just maybe, it still had something to offer him.