1

I had woken from my bed at 1:00 the day my nightmare had came true. It all started with harsh wind. The harsh wind formed into a tornado and trees hit our house when I tried to save my family. All of them were dead.

Gone.

Forever.

My older brother, my little sister, My mom and my dad, they were gone for good. That same time I needed to grab supplies. I grabbed my pillow, my blanket, food and as much water a human could need. After that I grabbed my dark gray hoodie. Then, I left. The rain poured on me so I put my hoodie on. I needed shelter. I saw a large tree that could work. I ran to it as soon as possible. Almost everything and everyone was dead. I saw a tree hit the power line. It started a fire and houses were burning. That was when more people died. This is almost exactly what was in my dream. Cars were crashing into each other because they were trying to get home quickly.

I hoped this really was a dream, but it wasn't. All of these deaths are real and what did I do?

Nothing.

I did nothing when my family was dying . I tried to stop thinking about it but tears came from my eyes the moment I thought about it. Will this world ever be the same again? I doubt it. What has happened to me has already been enough. That doesn't mean it will stop.

I needed better shelter than a tree or I'd be dead. I rushed back to my house and realized my parents' car was destroyed. I just wanted my normal life back like when you dad's at work while your mom's cooking dinner and your little sister's playing with her dolls when your older brother is doing stupid stuff. And me, I'm just being myself. I miss the cat I had when I was five. His name was Mr. fluffy head. That was just eleven years ago. He was mean though. He bit me and did some weird screaming cat meow every time I pet him. He was weird.

It was 1:30 when I ran into my worst enemy, Ava Morgan. "Let me guess you're coming to argue with me saying you're cooler." I said "No just wondering why you're up so late." She said flipping her blonde curls. "Why am I awake? There was a storm and my family is dead!" I cry. She already walked away mumbling 'loser'. If she thought she hurt my feelings, she's out of her mind.

"Ava!" I yell. Her light brown eyes stared at me in annoyance. "What?" She said rudely. "Stay safe." I said. "Whatever." She replied. I hate her. What has she ever done for me? Nothing, as far as I know. After that I went back to my tree and pulled a pack of crackers and a camping canteen out of my bag. I bit into a cracker and sipped some water. I paused. I heard a sound. "Who's there?" I call out.