3

"Katherine, my name is  Nomed." He says. "How do you know my name?" I ask in a nervous tone. "Don't worry about that. When we lived,we lived. My name is Nomed because it's what the gate named me. I'm Nomed because I am a nomad. I walk around,searching for happiness,like how you and I want to find the gate and I'll show you the way." He says as his dark eyes look as if they were turning into pitch, black holes. I look away and glance back over in his direction and his eyes are back to normal. I knew it was probably my eyes playing tricks on me, in a world full of death it's hard to see the living.

          We  also looked in caves and other spots and we found a woman with a whole life lasting supply of food. "You wanna live don't you? Kill her, it'll be easy just go ahead, you got it. Just one pull of a trigger and boom and she'll be dead and you won't." Nomed says trying to make me kill the woman. "No. No one deserves to die." I say. "What about you Sadie? Wanna kill her?" He says again. "Sure. What do I have to lose?" She says aiming her gun at the woman. "Don't do it." I demand. "Why?" She responds. "Because you're sinning." I say. "Too late." She says carelessly shooting the woman. "You did a good thing, Sadie." Nomed declares.

         We went to find shelter in an old shed and we went to sleep. I'm having a dream. I'm walking in a dark alley until I find a dumpster. The same dumpster Burt was near. He's screaming at me to go back or I'll regret it. He also tells me to avoid Nomed's instructions he gives. I remember his rules he tells me.

        I wake up. "We need to go back!" I scream. "Why? There's nothing left for us." Nomed says quickly. I'm yelling at him to go back or he'll regret ever meeting me and he said I needed to shut it. "Who do you think you are telling me  what to do?" I ask. "Who do I think I am? I'm the man who lived!" He says. I roll my eyes and he leads us to another spot.

       We find a woman drawing angels on a torn piece of notebook paper. Her hazel eyes stare at us in confusion."Who are you?" She asks. "This is Nomed, Sadie and I'm Katherine. Who are you?" I say. "My name is Trinity. I am not here to harm you. I am here to help you." I looked at her in a kind way. "You can come with us, Trinity." I say. "I would love to." She says sweetly. We walked into a meadow of beautiful flowers and fresh planted trees. "Here we speak of what shall be confessed and we will be forgiven." We all sat in a circle and Sadie went first. "I killed somebody." She says quietly. "Why are we doing this?" Nomed asks. "There is no point in confession anymore, there is no right or wrong. It's only about survival from here on." "It's my fault my family is dead." I said, wiping a tear and a stray strand of hair.

We finished confessing and left the meadow. As we went into our spot we would always go to, we ate some of our food supply. Trinity's blonde hair reflected in the sun and we noticed a white streak. "How did you get that streak?" I ask. "Ever since the fires, I had it. I don't know why." She says.