Chapter 28

Taehyung happily opened the door upon seeing who the visitor is to his apartment.

"I thought you will never show up." Taehyung said hugging Jungkook.

"Happy birthday!" Jungkook said, handing Taehyung a paper bag, a gift he prepared for Taehyung. "I had been busy with the realty company since it was just starting." He said.

"Come inside first and let's talk about it more. It's cold out here." Taehyung said.

Hoseok was surprised upon seeing Jungkook.

"Jungkook!"

Jungkook bowed at him and greeted him with a smile. "Hoseok, nice seeing you again. It's been more than a year." He said.

"I was told that there's a new subsidiary to your company." Hoseok said.

"Ah! Yes! I had been busy for a year building it and I'm finally at a point where I can leave it and it will function better. I heard about your engagement. Congratulations to you both." Jungkook said.

"You did not come at the party." Taehyung said.

"I told you, I was busy. I'll make it up to you." Jungkook said.

"You must attend the wedding, then. You are one of my groomsmen." Taehyung said.

"Can't miss it." Jungkook said.

All of them looked at the door as they heard it buzz again.

Taehyung was about to go but Hoseok stopped him.

"Go have a drink with Jungkook, I will get it." Hoseok said and Taehyung nodded.

"Where's Yoongi?" Jungkook asked.

"Ah! They're in the garden. Let's go there." Taehyung said but before they were able to walk to the garden, both their attentions were taken by Hoseok's loud voice.

"Jin! You came!" He said.

Jungkook was frozen in place but he should already be prepared for this. He prepared himself in finally seeing the man he always wanted to see. Like before, he still tracks Jin's life but tried to avoid him as much as possible. He knew from Taehyung that Jin is now dating again and he is happy to know that.

Taehyung looked at him and tapped his shoulder. "Do you want to say 'hi' first?"

Jungkook nodded. They both turned to look at the new visitor and was not surprised to see Jin with Jaehwan. He knew that they are dating for a month already. He smiled his practiced smile upon seeing them.

"Happy birthday, Taehyungie!" Jin said as he saw Taehyung. "Jungkook-ssi." Jin said upon seeing him. "Oh, by the way, this is Jaehwan." He said.

Jungkook extended his hand for a shake. "It is nice to finally put a name to a face." Jungkook said.

"I would say the same." Jaehwan answered.

Jungkook quickly let go and bowed at Jin. "Nice to see you again, Seokjin-ssi." He said then looked at the man.

"Me and Jungkook will stay with Yoongi." Taehyung said, feeling the awkwardness in the situation.

"We'll just get drinks and we will follow." Hoseok said.

Yoongi and Jimin hugged Jungkook as soon as they saw him. They have missed the man a lot since they haven't really seen him for quite a while.

"How was the new business?" Yoongi asked.

"Better now, I would say. I have been busy with it and lately it was becoming more like my home instead of an office." Jungkook said.

"At least you are not forgetting the gym. You look bulkier than the last time I saw you and your tattoos are more colorful." Taehyung said and that was the time that Hoseok, Jin and Jaehwan joined them in their table in the garden.

"Yeah. Had to do something else aside from work." Jungkook said looking at his own tattoos. "Tell me, what are your plans for the wedding?" He said changing the topic.

"The wedding will be in Bali. Me and Hoseok always wanted to be wed there. All are in place and we have already booked all of our flights there." Taehyung said.

"Wow! I should have known that you will kidnap me for your wedding." Jungkook said.

"Come on, Kook! You won't lose your company for a week! You need to loosen up a bit." Jimin said.

Jungkook just smiled and shook his head.

**************

Jin was looking for some drinks in the kitchen when Jungkook also walked in. He did not notice Jin at first but when the man made a sound with the bottles, both of them looked at each other.

Jungkook tried to ignore him but also wanted to approach him.

"Looking for a drink?" Jungkook asked.

"Y-yes. Just cola." Jin said.

"Taehyung said they were here." Jungkook answered as he opened the cabinet that contains all the colas.

"T-thank you." Jin said.

"You are welcome." Jungkook said and picked up the kimchi he was looking for from the fridge and left.

Jin did not know why he was frozen in place. He saw Jungkook with longer hair, and he feels like he is more like a baby now than before. It's been a year and seeing him again now is no difference to what he felt before. Or maybe there's a difference, because now, he is no longer available.

When Jin got back to his seat beside Jaehwan, Jungkook looked at him from his peripheral view. He misses the man but he can't make the same mistakes again. Jin never loved him and Jin is no longer available.

He tried his best to focus on what his friends are talking about as they tried to catch up with him.

"I heard that Taemin is back." Jimin said.

Jin's ears perked up with the name mentioned.

Jungkook nodded. "He's working at my office." Jungkook said. "I think he is doing really well with his job."

"That's good. How is your relationship with him?" Yoongi asked, uncaring about the sudden slap of Taehyung to his knees.

"Well, we still go out every now and then but we seldom see each other in the office." Jungkook answered as he drank his beer.

"Budding relationship, I see." Yoongi commented.

Jin excused himself and went to the bathroom while they talked about it.

Jungkook shook his head at Yoongi. "Nothing like that at all. We are friends."

"Dude, you need to start dating again. Taemin is already presenting himself to you. Grab the chance if there's chemistry! The guys is kind and loving. You know that. He's very much understanding to you, too." Yoongi said.

"We'll see." Jungkook said looking at where Jin disappeared then drank his beer again.

The party ended quickly. It was meant to be just a simple one with just all of their friends talking and planning for the wedding so Taehyung is still happy about it.

Jungkook said his goodbye first to them and everyone were surprised upon seeing him riding a big motorcycle.

"For singles." He said as he wore his helmet.

Jin looked at him but did not say more.

Jaehwan knew what is on Jin's mind but will let Jin open up to him later.

"Take care." Taehyung said as he let Jungkook go from his hug. "I'll see you at the wedding."

Jungkook nodded at him. "For sure." He said then started the motorcycle.

Jungkook nodded at the rest and had a fist bump with Yoongi before leaving. He then looked at Jin and Jaehwan but did not say anything more and left quickly.

Jin rode the car silently as he thought about Jungkook.