Marry Me

She said yes....

Winter truly could not believe that he convinced Autumn Knight, the most amazing woman he had ever met, to marry him. Him. Anyone else in their life would have been more than sure that Autumn would accept his proposal, the couple were so obviously besotted with each other. Never before had they seen a couple so in love, so devoted to one another. It was obvious that they were going to end up together forever.

However, in the back of Winter's mind he always wondered if he was enough. The thought was never far from his mind that someday Autumn might find someone who was more suited to her. Someone richer, someone more handsome, someone who deserved to be with such a goddess. But day after day, month after month, she stayed.

For Autumn, there was not a single other person she could imagine spending her life with. Winter made her believe in love again. She truly believed they were made for each other. The way they fit together, complimenting each other's interests in every way, made her question everything she thought she knew about life and love. Even though she didn't believe in luck or fate, she believed that there was some reason they came together. He was there when she needed someone the most and proved that he would always be there by her side. Once they chose each other, that was it. And they continued to choose each other every day. The engagement just made that choice more official.

The words flew out of his mouth before he could even think. Seeing her come to his rescue, knocking out an ex-employee with no hesitation just sent his mind spinning. He'd know for months that she was the one that he was going to marry. All he had to do was get her to agree. Before he knew it she was in his arms, smiling into a kiss not paying any attention to the fact that they were right outside of the nursery or the woman who was still knocked out on the ground in front of them. She whispered a small yes against his lips, refusing to break their connection. Winter wouldn't pull away either, they both just wanted to soak in this moment. A moment where all that mattered was their love and the commitment they had just promised each other.

Autumn thought the proposal was absolutely perfect. It was a simple, last minute display of intense passion; just like every other important moment of their relationship. Their hookup was a spur of the moment decision, they said "I love you" for the first time without thinking or planning. Iit just made sense that their engagement happened the same way.

Winter thought it was just his luck that he proposed one of the few moments he didn't have the ring with him. He'd been carrying it on every date, every nature walk, every late night drive for weeks just waiting for the right moment to present itself; but he never took the ring to work. Never in a million years did he think he would be proposing outside of the nursery, though now that he thought about it it was quite nice for it to have happened where they met. Winter knew just how happy Autumn was with how everything played out, but he couldn't stop thinking about how he wished he'd given her something better. Something special. Something worthy of her.

On the drive home they decided to get married as soon as they possibly could. Neither one of them wanted a big wedding, it just wasn't their style, and they didn't want to spend another moment not married. They knew the people who mattered most to them would understand why they decided to elope. Their relationship had always been incredibly private, only revealing parts of their dynamic when forced or by accident. Of course they were going to get married in secret. By the time they pulled into the driveway at home Autumn had their entire wedding planned...and paid for.

"My love, you didn't have to do all of that."

"I wanted to, my sweet." She leaned in and placed a kiss on his lips before pulling back, a mischievous grin on her face. "I love being your sugar mummy."