Burnout

"Have you ever been tired? I guess that's a silly question, everybody gets tired, god knows I get tired. Hi, you know who I am, I'm Peter Parker. You already know who I am, form the spider bite, to my uncle being killed because of my selfishness, you may also know one of my villains took over my body and called himself superior. You may also know about my break up with Mary Jane Watson, you may know about Gwen Stacey's affair with Norman Osborn, you know of it all."

"Some people are curios, how can I still be Spider-Man? How can I still put on a smile and fit my ass into red and blue spandex and throw myself into a burning building?"

"The truth is...I don't know anymore...I'm alone, I have no one, after everything that's happened...I've...I've driven everyone away. Mary Jane is with Paul, Gwen is with Norman, Felicia abandoned me, the avengers kicked me out of their group, the fantastic 4 kicked me form the Baxter building...how can I still go on?"

"Aunt may died, the last thing she said to me was how disappointed she was in me, and yet...I'm not gonna stop putting on the mask, maybe JJJ is right, maybe I'm just a menace, maybe I don't deserve to be happy, but...but...

"with great power there must come great responsibility."

Peter Parker: "I know uncle Ben...I know."

Peter stops writing in his journal, he didn't have enough money for therapy, nor did he have the time, so he sucked it up to writing his feelings...it didn't make him feel any better tho. Peter's hair had grown out, his short bangs now reached to his nape, he also had a small stubble and noticeable eye bags. Peter looked at his clock, it read 8:03 am.

Peter: "damn, it's been 17 hours maybe I can catch a few Zs-

Suddenly his police radio rings, it was a dispatch on a flammable truck that was spilling oil, a couple civilians were were trapped in nearby debris and rubble.

Peter: "okay Pete, break times over."

Peter looked at his suit, it was pretty torn, his shoulder and back and tight was ripped. His right lens was cracked a bit, yet he still dawned the messy red and blue suit. Leaping out his window he swings into action, as he swung across the city scape, people who once looked at him once with hope and grace now booed at him and looked with scowls and anger. Going to the wreckage he swung into action lifting rubble off of people, then a kid who was about to be burned with the leaking oil and sparks off of an exposed wire.

Peter: "hold on kid!"

Child: HELP!

Peter grabbed the kid but the truck exploded, Spider-Man grabbed the child protectively and held him into his arms protecting him form the blast, the insignia on his back, the giant red spider was caught in the fire and burned his back, scorching him with the insignia, now a giant scar just like his logo was ingrained on his back. It's ironic, this injury would forever reminding him of his duty.

 It's ironic, this injury would forever reminding him of his duty