Chapter-5 (Your Destiny)

Hello cute hearts!! Thanks for completing the target for last update.

For double update, complete this Target & read long and fast updates.
Votes: 40 Comments: 20

Author's POV

The aeroplane door opened, and Nitya felt the warm air of Hyderabad hit her like a reminder of everything she had left behind.

Five years had passed since her family sent her away to London, with no explanation or concern for her wishes. Now she was back, standing in the same place, heart pounding.

Last night, when her brother, Aditya had called her and told her about their dadi's serious condition, she couldn't ignore it.

The bond with her dadi and Aditya was the only thing pulling her back to the palace after all these years.

Yet as soon as she landed, an unsettling feeling returned—the same feeling she’d had since last night when that unknown man tried to invade her personal space.

She felt like someone was watching her, lurking in the shadows. But whenever she turned around, there was no one there.

Nitya shook the thought away as she approached the line of black cars waiting for her.

A sleek palace car stood at the front, surrounded by a convoy of security vehicles.

She hated that part of her life—the attention, the royal treatment. It was the reason she had stayed in London, far away from her family and their overbearing lifestyle.

She sat into the car, keeping her face turned away from the palace guards and the curious eyes around her.

The drive to the palace was short, and soon, the grand, towering building came into view.

The palace looked the same—too large, too luxurious, and far too extravagant for her liking.

When the car stopped, her parents, Aaradhya and Rajveer, were waiting at the entrance. As soon as they saw her, tears fell from their eyes, and they rushed toward her.

“Nitya!” her mother called out, her voice filled with emotion. “Won’t you even look at us?”

For a brief moment, Nitya’s heart softened. She had missed them, even if she didn’t want to admit it.

But then, the memories of the past hit her—what they had done, how they had betrayed her. She straightened her back and looked them in the eye.

“I’m here for dadi,” she said coldly. “Nothing more.”

The next moment her father stepped forward, his voice breaking, “Nitya, princess, you are our only daughter—”

Before he could finish, a man dressed in palace attire interrupted them. “The future king of Rajasthan has arrived,” he announced with urgency.

Rajveer stiffened, exchanging a tense glance with Aaradhya. “We’ll talk later,” her mother whispered, trying to hold on to hope.

Nitya let out a bitter laugh. “Later? That’s what you always say.” Without waiting for their response, she walked past them, heading straight to her room.