Chapter-3 (Protect Her)

Hey cute hearts!! Thanks for completing the target. Updates are already ready, as soon as you will complete the target, another update will be published.

Votes: 20 Comments: 15

Author's POV

Rudransh stared at Arjun for a long moment, his face unreadable. Then he turned away, his decision made. “It’s done, Arjun. Nitya will be mine.”

Arjun shook his head disapprovingly. But he knew that there was no use in arguing with Rudransh right now.

Afterwards, Rudransh stared at Arjun for a long moment, his face unreadable. Then he gave a last look to Nitya and was about to turn away but stopped.

"Take care of her, Arjun. Drop her off safely. I won’t accept any reluctance towards the security of my soon-to-be wife, and queen of Rajasthan."

Arjun opened his mouth but closed it, just to nod his head. Within minutes, Rudransh turned to go and meet the host of the party who was standing at the end of the hall.

Meanwhile, Arjun took a few steps forward. Suddenly, Nitya moved in the same direction, and her juice spilled onto Arjun's blazer.

Nitya's eyes widened. "Oh no! I'm so sorry!" She quickly started rubbing the spot where the juice had split.

Arjun gently stopped her hands. "It's okay. Don't worry about it."

But she kept apologizing, her face full of concern. "I am so sorry! I didn't mean to..."

Seeing her genuine distress, Arjun couldn't help but notice how innocent she was. She was so different from the women he usually met.

He thought about how she would handle his elder brother, Rudraksha. Guilt surged through him.

"It's fine," Arjun said softly, giving her a reassuring smile. "It's just a blazer."

Nitya sighed in relief, her hands still hovering over the stain. "I just feel terrible. Let me help clean it."

Arjun shook his head. "No need. I'll take care of it."

As he looked at her, Arjun's mind raced with thoughts. How could someone as innocent and kind-hearted as her be able to handle someone as intense and controlling as Rudransh?

The guilt surged through his mind, knowing what Rudransh had planned for her.

"You don't need to worry. It's just a small stain."

Nitya finally nodded, stepping back. "Thank you. I just... I hate making mistakes."

The moment she said that Arjun swallowed his breath. He was thinking, no matter what, his elder brother wasn't going to let her make any mistakes either.

But he covered that instantly and smiled gently. "We all make mistakes. It's part of being human."

Nitya gave him a small smile, her eyes still reflecting her worry. "Thanks for understanding."

As they stood there, Arjun couldn't shake the feeling of responsibility.

He had to protect her, to make sure she wasn't going to be hurt by Rudransh. His mind churned with the weight of his brother's command and the innocence of the girl before him.