Diary of a fool / lover

I caution you as I was never cautioned:you will never let go, you will never satiatedyou will be damaged and scarred, you will continue to hunger

you will never let go, you will never satiated
you will be damaged and scarred, you will continue to hunger

The Sensual World: Louise Gluck

CHANCE: and what are you? His victim or his accomplice?

His victim or his accomplice?

     JUDE: Unfortunately enough,
I am nothing but his brother

CHANCE: So his accomplice?

Extract from: Murder Arts, chapter 13

There is an analogy Sirius Black uses to describe 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆. He doesn't know what to name it so we shall refer to it as 'Untitled' for the moment.

He associates himself with the planets—Mars, Neptune, Jupiter, Earth and so on. He sees the Sun as this bursting ball of fire—which it is—that he holds close to his heart yet aches at its burning touch. That is love for him. A burn. An ache. Blistered skin and a racing heart. He orbits around it, tiptoes callously around everything that love touches because he is unsure whether it wants to touch him as well. He yearns to reach for it.

See, when he was a child he could call himself Mercury. Closer to the Sun, yet still unable to touch. Every year the distance expanded. On some days, he felt as if he was on the dark side of Jupiter. Furthest away from the Sun's careening warmth and completely out of reach. He could beg for it all he wanted but he'd always be on the dark side.

Some would disagree, though. Some would say that he is the Sun. He can feels it warmth, he is burnt by its flames every day. He is loved.

The Sun will be dammed if it doesn't burn him every day to make him remember that he is loved. He is not Mercury anymore.