A Strange Feeling

"My relationship with him? Why do you ask?"

Nikee finds it odd.

"I'm just curious. You see us a lot together, right?"

Wei stood up, and removed his grip on Nikee's wrist.

"Uh, yeah."

"When did you guys become friends?"

Nikee was shocked to hear the question which made her immediately stand up.

"Huh? We're not friends. " She retracted.

"It's just that he wants you to be his study partner so bad, so I think you guys might have become friends."

Nikee was surprised to know that Wei knew about this. She remained composed and denied his accusation.

"No! No way we're friends. I don't even want to get associated with him. I'm a little shocked that you're friends with someone like him. "

"It's normal to have that first impression about him. But as his friend, he's not a bad guy as you make him seem to be. "

Nikee frowned on that statement and was reminded by what Jetroharu told him when they confronted each other.

"You still don't know yet? You looked down on me, remember?" but her thoughts immediately drifted to another.

"So this is where lonely nerds study?"

Even if Wei thinks of him differently, it would still not erase the fact that Jetroharu approached him rudely when he saw her studying alone in this place.

Wei brought out his phone and checked the time, he realized he only had a few minutes left to go to his work.

"Ah, I will be late!"

"Huh?"

Wei mentioned his last words to her before leaving.

"Nikee, what I want to ask of you is, can you be his study partner as preparation just for this upcoming exam?

Nikee didn't like that question.

"What? N-"

"I promise you he's not a bad guy. I told you, didn't I? that I was always honest with you. "

Nike wasn't able to say anything now that he mentioned the topic of his honesty again. She can only stare at him with endeared eyes like what he did the same.

"See you at class tomorrow. Bye. "

He rushed out running while Nikee's eyes continued to follow him until he disappeared. She's alone in the garden again. She walked onto the tree and sat beside it, laying down her head on top of her folded knees.

"How can I disagree when you say it to me like that?" Wei's charming eyes continue to linger in her thoughts.

-

Jetroharu is in the hallway of the 3rd floor of a different building where their classroom is located. He is talking with Chi as what they have talked about earlier.

"I'm sorry for ignoring you, I thought if I did, you'd get frustrated for not studying with me, and you'll decide to study with me to compensate." Chi becomes apologetic all of a sudden. She took a pause to see Jetroharu's reaction and continued when she saw that he wasn't satisfied.

"It wasn't what I intended to do initially. it was suggested by my friends."

"Do your friends think I'm dumb?"

"Uh, no, it's nothing like that. It's simply because of a girl's instinct. They may have done it with other guys and it might have worked on them-"

"So they think that guys are dumb in general?" He snickered.