A Hidden Friendship

"W-Wei?" After she had realized it's really him, her movements suddenly got suspended, her eyes were in continuous daze due to Wei being there. It's been a long time since they have seen each other like this.

"So you still go here huh?"

Wei slowly shifted his gaze from above the tree, to Nikee who's completely astonished.

Wei was glad he came here again.

-

A while ago at the hallway where he was dashing to find Nikee, he's curious about where the class reps meeting is being held. He looked over his surroundings and saw the other building on his side.

"She's maybe in that building?"

But as he slowly walks into that direction, he realizes that it's the building where he used to go often. Not inside, but at the back of it. The memories he used to have in this place all flashed back in a second and he wanted to savor it more by actually going there again. He changed his destination instead.

"Ah this place, it's been a long time. Is the entrance still open.."

He went to the entrance with no second thoughts, he looked over it and was relieved to see that anyone who found it could freely go there.

"Ah, it's still here." He smiled as he remembered someone.

"Right, this is the place where we had our first conversation with each other. She used to be an outcast, not that she is still considered one, but she has become the class representative now." Looking back, he thinks Nikee has grown a lot.

He strolled around the mini garden and was still surprised by how it was still able to preserve its freshness. As soon as he saw the tree, he immediately made his way to it.

"This is where I always sit during break time during the previous semesters." He sat closer to it, and took a rest.

"Ah, brings back memories." He closed his eyes and started recalling the past of how he knew of this place.

-

Wei was trying to escape from something as he was in a rush sprinting with no direction in mind but luckily he found the perfect hiding spot to stow away from them, which is at the mysterious narrow way at the back of the building he didn't know he was headed to.

"Those two are such a pain in the ass. Why do they have to drag me through their mess?" As Wei looked around this strange area, he noticed an open passageway to another place. He immediately went there as soon as he heard the faint voices from the two men he was hiding himself from. As he goes closer to it, the faint voices are replaced by a vague voice of a girl, it is not a speaking voice, but a weeping one.

"Someone's crying?" He mumbled.

Wei didn't realize that he was already noticed by the girl who had stopped sobbing, she's at a loss for words by his sudden appearance.

"Were you crying? " He didn't know what else to say.

"Huh? Ah, no, I'm not. " She immediately wiped her eyes with her wrist.

Wei tried to come close to talk to her.

"Aren't you a classmate of mine?" He asked after scanning her face.

"Ah, yeah, I'm sorry, I should go-"

"Oh, no. It's okay." He assured her that it wasn't a big deal if she kept crying in this place.

"You probably don't want to go back outside yet right? I'm also the same, you can stay here with me."

"Ah, no. I'm goi-"