A Helping Hand

"Listen to her and be quiet.”

Nikee felt the predominance in his tone which she’s sure it was just not her feeling it, because she can also notice how the class suddenly turned quiet. Aside from being silenced, her other classmates were also surprised to see him acting this way.

As soon as he observed that everyone’s mouths were shut closed, he sat on his chair as if nothing happened and went back minding his own business. 

Wei and Kazu were not exempted from being startled by what Jetroharu just did. What Kazu meant about him being nice is the way he talks to her, and not necessarily doing something like this as if he’s moving like her knight in shining armor. 

“Damn it, I just did it. The words of that spiky haired guy did some brainwashing to me. I literally just saved a nerd I dislike from being confronted by a whole class.” He tried to check his surroundings again.  “And surprisingly, they always listen to me.”

He didn’t know what he was thinking during that time, all he knew was that his body started to react before his mind calculates the consequences. It may be because he can’t waste any more time knowing that this is the best timing to change her mind.

Chi is just frozen on her seat, she’s not writing anything on her paper. It’s the same with Jetroharu, but for a different reason.

“To clarify what I said, you guys can talk to each other, but make it quiet that it won't disturb the people around you. Please start doing your review paper.”
Nikee clarified to them once more, she headed to her seat to also write her review paper.

Although she appeared to be cool, looking like her thoughts had cooled down, it was a whole different scenario inside her mind. She can't stop the chaos that’s occurring in her head caused by none other than the delinquent guy she despises.

Wei doesn’t see this as his eyes secretly follow her. She did look like she was loosened up which made him come up with a reason why Jetroharu helped her. “I guess they're really studying together now? “ He looked down on his paper when Nikee got back to her seat. “They must have clicked.” This could only be it, which his mind insinuates.

Jana and Rain couldn’t believe what they just saw, they never thought Jetroharu would pull off something more surprising than just wanting to study with Nikee. 

“Seriously, what's with Jetroharu these days? I thought Nikee was being bullied by him, and now he's saving her?” Jana whispered in Rain's ears.

“It's so fishy, don't you think?” Rain added.

“It really does.I wonder how Chi might be feeling right now.”

“Probably the same when we're in the bathroom.”

“I feel bad for Chi. They're even seatmates.”

Both of them looked at their side, checking what Chi might have been feeling knowing that she is sensitive when it comes to her feelings for him. They can’t do anything about it since it’s something unavoidable.

“Man, what do I write in this study review? I don't even understand the lessons.” He scratched his head, trying to make his brain work in giving him ideas on what to write on. 

“Jetroharu.”

“huh?” He turned his head towards her.

“Can I talk to you again after class?” Chi wasn’t looking at him.

“Talk to me after class? Ah, I'm sorry, but I have to talk to someone after class too.”

“Then after that? Are you still free?”