𝒫𝒶𝓇𝓉 𝓈𝒾𝓍 ☘︎

*Giyuu is talking to himself*

**Shinobu is talking to herself**

Giyuu fell asleep once more.

"What? Where am I?"

"CAW CAW! Insect Hashira, Shinobu Kocho, dead while fighting Upper Moon 2."

"Stop..."

"CAW CAW! Insect Hashira, Shinobu Kocho, dead while fighting Upper Moon 2."

"I know..."

"CAW CAW! Insect Hashira, Shinobu Kocho, dead while fighting Upper Moon 2."

"I failed to save her."

"CAW CAW! Insect Hashira, Shinobu Kocho, dead while fighting Upper Moon 2."

"The person I cared about the most... But I won't let that happen again. I won't let her die. I won't let anyone die."

"You failed to save her. And you will again."

"I know... I'm just a piece of garbage that never even deserved to live."

"*You failed to save everyone. Sabito? Gone. Tsutako? Gone. Your father? Gone. Your brother? Gone. Makomo? Gone. Shinobu? Gone. You never even deserved to live. You were just a stain on the white fabric that was peace. It was because of your weakness that everyone felt the pain of death.*"

"*If you weren't born, then your mother wouldn't have died. If you weren't late, then Kanae would have lived. If you weren't late, Tanjiro wouldn't have felt that much sadness. Everyone hates you. They will always continue to hate you. But still, you try to push forward. If you live, then others will die. If you were strong, then Shinobu wouldn't have died.*"

"CAW CAW! Insect Hashira, Shinobu Kocho, dead while fighting Upper Moon 2."

"It was because of me that Shinobu died."

"Why... Why was I even born? Why am I still standing while others fell? Why? I can't save her. She had to go through the pain of injecting wisteria into herself just because I was so weak. I never deserved her love, and I never will. But I have to atleast try, right? I have to show her that at least a worthless man like me can show affection towards her. That illusion was a demon's doing, and that dream was just false hope that I could have had a small chance at her love."

"Shinobu is basically perfect... While I am a worthless piece of trash. Shinazugawa-san was right when he said that I would be better off dead. Then I could at least be food for insects and plants. I'm worthless alive, and I have to accept the fact that..... 𝐊𝐨𝐜𝐡𝐨 𝐰𝐨𝐧𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮"

"Otou-san, Otou-san, let's go to the park!"

The mistake that I made, which would shape me into who I am today...

"Let's go tomorrow, Giyuu."

"No, no, I want to go today, not tomorrow—today!"

"Okay, okay. Tell Tsutako and Uteki that we're going to the park in the evening."

If I had just waited one more day, maybe the demon wouldn't have attacked.

"Okay, time's up. Let's go, Giyuu. Nightfall is coming."