Don't let Go

Travis's POV

The charity gala was a dazzling spectacle, filled with the chatter of well-dressed guests and the soft clink of champagne glasses. I was standing beside Taylor Swift, my arm draped around her waist as we moved through the crowd. From the moment we arrived, I could tell something was a bit off.

Taylor was usually affectionate, but tonight she seemed almost excessively clingy. Her fingers were intertwined with mine, and every few minutes, she would lean into me, her head resting on my shoulder. It was sweet at first, but I quickly realized it wasn't just her usual display of affection. There was something more to it.

As we mingled with other guests, Taylor's grip on my arm tightened. She would occasionally look up at me with a tired smile, her eyes betraying a hint of discomfort. I noticed her flinch slightly whenever someone brushed past us, and she kept adjusting her dress as though it were too tight.

By the time we were halfway through the evening, her clinginess had escalated. She practically draped herself over me, her head resting on my chest as we talked with a group of people. I could feel her breathing—short and uneven—against my suit. Her hand was almost permanently hooked around my arm, and she seemed to rely on me for support more than usual.

"Travis," she whispered, her voice barely audible over the hum of conversation. "I don't feel so good."

I looked down at her, concern etched on my face. She seemed pale, and her eyes had a distant, pained look. "What's wrong, Tay? You don't look well."

"I'm on my period," she admitted, her voice trembling slightly. "It's been rough tonight, and I didn't want to ruin the event for you. I thought I could push through, but..."

It hit me then. Her clinginess wasn't just affection—it was her way of seeking comfort. I felt a pang of guilt for not realizing sooner. "Oh, Tay. I'm so sorry. We can leave right now. Let's get you home where you can relax."

Her eyes filled with relief, and she nodded, her grip on my arm tightening as if afraid to let go. I led her out of the venue, my hand gently supporting her back. Her head leaned against the car window, and she closed her eyes, trying to find some respite in the movement.

When we got home, I guided her upstairs, helping her carefully up each step. I led her to our bedroom, where I had already set up a cozy retreat with soft blankets and pillows. I wanted to make sure she felt completely comfortable.

"Here, let's get you settled," I said softly as I helped her onto the bed and arranged the blankets around her. "I'll make you some tea and get you whatever you need."

Taylor's eyes were so full of gratitude that it almost broke my heart. "You're being so wonderful. I didn't want to be a bother."

"You're not a bother at all," I reassured her, giving her a gentle kiss on the forehead. "Just focus on relaxing. I'm here for you."

I went to the kitchen and made a cup of chamomile tea, the soothing aroma filling the air. When I returned, I handed her the tea and settled in beside her on the bed, gently rubbing her back.

Taylor took a sip of the tea, visibly relaxing. She leaned into me, her hand finding mine as I continued to soothe her.

"I'm really lucky to have you," she murmured, her voice soft with emotion. "Thank you for taking care of me."

I squeezed her hand, my heart swelling with love. "I'm the lucky one. Whenever you need me, I'm here."

As the night wore on, Taylor's discomfort eased, and her mood brightened. We talked softly about our day, and I made sure she was comfortable and had everything she needed. By the time we were ready to drift off to sleep, she was much better, her earlier distress a distant memory.

She snuggled close to me, her warmth and gratitude wrapping around me like a comforting embrace. "Thank you for everything tonight," she whispered, her voice a tender murmur against my chest. "You made it so much better."

I kissed her forehead gently, my heart full. "Anytime, Tay. I'm always here for you."

As we drifted off to sleep, the night was filled with the comforting presence of each other's love and the reassurance that no matter what, we'd always have each other.