That's My Girl

The 2025 Grammy Awards were in full swing, and I was sitting among my peers, my heart racing. Not just from the anticipation of the evening but because Travis was supposed to be out there, enjoying the show. Little did I know, he was about to make this night unforgettable in a way I never expected.

I had already won 2 awards for The Tortured Poets Department. It was an album I had invested so much of myself into, and while I was thrilled to have already won several awards that night, my secret hope was to win Album of the Year. But I tried not to get my hopes up too high I never did.

As the show neared its end, the host's voice filled the room. "And now, the moment we've all been waiting for—Album of the Year!"

I smiled at jack, leaning closer. "Nervous?" I asked.

"A little," he admitted, trying to play it cool.

Suddenly, the host's voice took over and the absent muttering quietened down. "To present this prestigious award, we have a special surprise guest, someone who knows all about teamwork and dedication. Please welcome...Travis Kelce!"

My heart skipped a beat. I turned to look at the stage, Confusion washed over me. What was going on? The crowd erupted in cheers, but I was focused on figuring out why travis was here.

I watched as Travis made his way to the stage, dressed impeccably and looking dashing under the spotlight. My mind was racing, trying to process what was happening. Had he been asked to present an award? But why didn't he tell me?

Travis reached the podium, his voice steady despite the enormity of the moment. "Good evening, everyone," he began. "I've had the privilege of watching someone I love pour every bit of herself into her art. Music is about connection, about vulnerability, and that's something I see in her every day. I am lucky enough to be able to call the incredible woman my Fiance"

I felt a lump in my throat as I listened, my hand pressed against my mouth to keep the tears at bay. This was surreal. What was he doing up there?

Travis continued, "Tonight, it's my honor to present the Grammy for Album of the Year to an artist whose words have touched hearts around the world but also to someone who means the world to me. The winner of Album of the Year is...Taylor Swift for The Tortured Poets Department!"

The room erupted into applause, but I was still in shock. My mind spun as I stood up, my legs feeling like they were made of jelly. I made my way to the stage, trying to make sense of the situation.

When I reached the stage, Travis was waiting with the award in his hands. He handed it to me, but instead of a formal exchange, he pulled me into a tight hug. "I'm so proud of you," he whispered, his voice thick with emotion. I hugged him back, overwhelmed by the love and surprise of it all.

As we pulled apart, I looked up at him, tears brimming in my eyes. "You did all of this for me?" I asked, my voice barely above a whisper.

He nodded, his hand brushing a tear from my cheek. "You deserve this moment."

I took a deep breath and turned to the microphone, clutching the Grammy tightly in my hands. The crowd had quieted down, waiting for me to speak, but for a moment, I was speechless. Finally, I found my voice.

"I don't even know what to say," I began, my voice wavering slightly. "I had a speech planned and I spent the last 3 weeks practicing it every single day and yet I don't think I can remember a single word." I laughed trying to compose myself, " This album was one of the hardest albums I have ever made, it was written at a time where I needed to write, I want ot thank Jack and Arron for putting up with my voice memos at 2am,"

I glanced back at Travis, a soft smile playing on my lips. "And to Travis...for supporting me as much as you have, reminding me how special I was and believing in me and this album as well as making tonight even more special than I could've ever imagined—thank you. I love you."

The crowd erupted again, and I stepped back, still clutching the Grammy as Travis took my hand once more. As we walked off the stage together, I leaned into him and whispered, "You really surprised me this time."

Travis grinned, his arm around me. "Just wait for the after-party."

I laughed, feeling the tension of the evening melt away. With Travis by my side, every moment felt like magic.